Drawings and Paintings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Yup, sometimes I draw, too. (But not nearly as well as I take pictures.) I also do a bit of Photoshop work when my teachers allow.
  1. And to complete our trilogy, we have Teresa in a punk outfit inspired by the Apollo program! Her gloves are patterned like a rocket engine, and the...
  2. Gemini Program Punk! 

Sort of a biker look here, I guess because of the helmet, jacket and kneepads.  

The kneepads are based on an actual part...
  3. Here we have my character Teresa von Braun in her teenage years, sporting a punk outfit inspired by the Mercury program. 

Notice the red choker and...
  4. A scan of the bottom of the picture, my scanner couldn't fit it all in one pic, and my MacBook apparently has nothing comprable to Paint in which I...
  5. Mir never looked so good.
  6. Skylab, this time with a background!
  7. Cartoon me!  

Done with LOTS of help from a how-to-draw book.
  8. Mission patch for STS-51-H. 

Never heard of this crew? 

Well, that's probably because there never WAS an STS-51-H... 

Related to a story...
  9. Version two of the cover for the Intot he Cosmos Prologue, with the text a little easier to read.
  10. Francine in the same retro-cartoon style. Notice the crescent-moon earrings. Francine is very dedicated to her work.
  11. Joel engaging in his favorite pastime. 

"And this room smells bad and my computer has a virus and I hate this stupid tie and..."
  12. The mascots of the magazine Muse, dressed up for the Apollo program.
  13. Page three of Into the Cosmos. Mission Control took forever to draw based on numerous reference photos. But I think I drew the Capcom pretty well.
  14. Page 2 of Into the Cosmos. I tried to draw the astronauts to look like themselves, but I think I didn't do that very well. Clark's eyes look kind of...
  15. Okay, as an experiment, I tried drawing out the prologue for my story Into the Cosmos as an actual comic. Hopefully the bad scanning doesn't make it...
  16. I did this comic a while ago, telling the story of SpaceShipOne. My scanner's really bad, so I had quite a bit of work pasting and scaling in MS...
  17. For school, we had to draw a picture to go with a book we had read recently, so I read the companion book to the IMAX movie The Dream Is Alive and...
  18. From our greatest disasters, we rise like the Phoenix herself to the moon, Mars, and beyond!
  19. Jean Grey is quite surprised to see an Orion capsule and moon colony.
  20. Drawings of my character Teresa von Braun at various stages in her life.  

Counter-clockwise from top: 
Tessa with Sputnik, not really sure when....
  21. Galactic Visions 

A SpaceShipTwo with a variation on the Virgin Galactic "eye" logo.
  22. Three generations of space station, personified.  

On the left, we have Skylab, in the middle is Mir, and on the right is the ISS. (But she goes by...
  23. This little guy here is a personification of the Mir space station. That's supposed to be a model of a dragonfly in his hand, because the station was...
  24. This is Skylab personified. See that sad look in her eye? Being Apollo's little sister is a lot of pressure. She has solar wings while Mir didn't...
  25. And this lovely lady is Alpha, the personification of the International Space Station. Notice that she doesn't have a national flag on her suit...
Showing photos 1 to 25 of 27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast