Thread: The ice age will commence after 1000 years.....?

The ice age will commence after 1000 years.....?

NO NOT YET, ofcourse this will not happen immediately, but the news on the television in the last month were so much amazing when I was just watching the news in the late nights and known about the temperatures falling all over the world, in Europe,china,Switz'nd, etc the temperature was below 0 degree -17,-16.5 etc, so it was really eyebrow raising that time.

This year in most of the countries the percentage of mansoon and other rains was really low, whereas the cold waves are still storming worldwide, here in my place also the temperature is still down, last time I heard that in Europe the falling waterfall frozen all of a sudden.

In fact the coming years are miraculous I mean after some 1000 years there will be an ice age on earth if the consistent down fall in the temperature follows every year.

And if the ice age comes to earth then what will happen? a. there will be only penguines on the earth, b. the world will use heaters all the time, c. the population will shrink, d. the animals and other forest creatures will be destroyed, e. all trees will not remain, f. what about crops? g. due to consistent fog the travels will be affect, h. schools and college will be
    affect, i. the man again will enter in his origional posture, the man will become mentally lazy
    j. brilliancy will be no more or less, k. oceans will become the largest airports after they frozen more things will happen if the ice age comes, any more imagination by you !!

Quote Originally Posted by suntrack2 View Post
    This year in most of the countries the percentage of mansoon and other rains was really low, whereas the cold waves are still storming worldwide,
    All-time heat records established in Brazil, and southern South America [Australia is also having scorching days]. In Antarctica [even on the east side] temperatures have reached 2-digit figures [in Celsius]. Just to give you some perspective.

January 2010 was the warmest in the 32-year satellite-based data record.

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2010/02/...te-0-72-deg-c/

Weather is not climate.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

Weather is not climate.

As one wag put it, climate is the plural of weather.

I do hope some people remember that "weather is not climate" next summer when every heat wave is touted as proof of global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Argos View Post
    All-time heat records established in Brazil, and southern South America [Australia is also having scorching days]. In Antarctica [even on the east side] temperatures have reached 2-digit figures [in Celsius]. Just to give you some perspective.
    uh, record highs for recorded history. Temperatures have still not reached the levels seen during the Holocene climatic optimum.

Been pretty warm and steady this winter. We did get almost to -47C in December but it is keeping within 10 degrees of freezing for the last month and a half.

Warmer temperatures result in increased precipitation. Snow is precipitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Jacks View Post
    Weather is not climate.

As one wag put it, climate is the plural of weather.

I do hope some people remember that "weather is not climate" next summer when every heat wave is touted as proof of global warming.
    Dont be silly. Hot temps are climate, cold temps are weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Brak View Post
    Warmer temperatures result in increased precipitation. Snow is precipitation.
    And that is what will keep the glaciers in the Himalaya.

And that is what will keep the glaciers in the Himalaya.
    Rain is also precipitation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHalcyonYear View Post
    uh, record highs for recorded history.
    That goes without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikOlsen View Post
    Weather is not climate.
    People say that a lot. But isn't climate just the aggregate of weather? Kind of like, 10 weathers = 1 climate?
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    People say that a lot. But isn't climate just the aggregate of weather? Kind of like, 10 weathers = 1 climate?
    Exactly, Jens. Although I'd say it's generally closer to 50 years. Exactly? I dunno - where's our resident climatologist?

after some 1000 years there will be an ice age on earth if the consistent down fall in the temperature follows every year.
    Yes, if temperatures fall every year, then it will get really cold.

I remember a rather brutal heat wave where I was living about 15 years ago. If I were to extrapolate increases in temperature every year for a thousand years, it would be rather hot and unpleasant.

And if the ice age comes to earth then what will happen? a. there will be only penguines on the earth, b. the world will use heaters all the time, c. the population will shrink, d. the animals and other forest creatures will be destroyed, e. all trees will not remain, f. what about crops? g. due to consistent fog the travels will be affect, h. schools and college will be
    affect, i. the man again will enter in his origional posture, the man will become mentally lazy
    j. brilliancy will be no more or less, k. oceans will become the largest airports after they frozen more things will happen if the ice age comes, any more imagination by you !!

I don't think I can predict what is likely to happen, but during previous ice ages, the effect was not so drastic as to kill of most forms of life. And, depending on your source, we're in an ice age now.

Quote Originally Posted by mugaliens View Post
    Exactly, Jens. Although I'd say it's generally closer to 50 years. Exactly? I dunno - where's our resident climatologist?
    You don't need a climatologist to answer that question. A statistician will do. A rule of thumb is that 30 samples is a good amount for determining if there is a difference. That would be 30 years for climate. Unfortunately, the amount of warming has been so great that the last 15 years is enough to statistically demonstrate that warming has taken place.

I think the next world summit's hot issue topics will be co-relates with the "zero degree temperature on earth", in that summit they will think about "how to increase the temperature on earth!! , if the ice age really comes.

There are obviously spleet in the thoughts related with weather and climate. What exact words can define these two terminologis together !

I think mars life chain was destryoed due to massive ice fall or ice spread on the land.!! ( if we imagine there was a life previously) ice caps at the polar sides can tell the truth of it !!.
    Last edited by suntrack2; 2010-Feb-19 at 04:53 PM. Reason: "summit" in the very first line was corrected

One winter does not an ice age make.
    Et tu BAUT? Quantum mutatus ab illo.