Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Leave a Random Fact II: Baby Got Fact.

Google Images is now rubbish(for me anyway), it doesn't work, so I use the retro google images option...

City work crews have started repaving this block of the street where I reside.

The archangel Gabriel is the patron saint of telecommunications.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

An umbrella is the only thing which can go up a chimney, down.

Waiting takes up two years of the average human lifespan.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

sharks are older than insects; cephalopods are older than sharks.
    Last edited by parallaxicality; 2014-Jul-21 at 09:07 AM.

Stephen Colbert.

On my desk is an orange candle in a clear round plastic holder. It's a scent candle: Mango peach.

Nice ambience.

The city has finished repaving the street, with asphalt, on my block.

Haibulllah, an early 20th century ruler of Afghanistan, was so obsessed with the works of Jules Verne he hired a local intellectual to translate them into Persian.

Stephen Colbert.

The name "Dana" means "Woman of Denmark."

Or so I've read.

Clicking on the "Find all started threads" link in my profile returns more results than clicking on the "Find all posts" link.
    Trigger warning - this post may contain material insufficiently sycophantic towards the board and its membership.

This I arose early enough to attend to my full daily computer routine; so, here I am.

Since 1959, more than 6,000 pieces of "space junk" (abandoned rocket and satellite parts) have fallen out of orbit - many of them have hit the Earth's surface.

You can find myriads of true facts on the internet, if you take the time to sift them from the junk.

Osama bin Laden's favourite drink was raisins soaked in water. His favourite food was courgettes stuffed with bone marrow.

Stephen Colbert.

Sea salt has a higher radiation count than regular table salt.

It takes 70% less energy to produce a ton of paper from recycled paper than from trees.

Australia's agricultural industry consumes 60% of its land area and 80% of its utilised water, yet contributes only 3% to its GNP

Stephen Colbert.

We have a drought all over Texas but Hurricane Don brought rain to Brownsville, earlier.

We (myself and those in my office) are preparing for a major emergency response this weekend and over the next week due to the incoming, Hurricane Irene.

My cat jumped, from a sitting position, measuring at the bottom most foot, roughly 5'8".

Diet Dr. Pepper is not s significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, or iron.

Lesbianism has never been illegal in the UK, reportedly because Queen Victoria considered it impossible.

Stephen Colbert.

The 1999 extension to the London Underground Jubilee Line required the relocation of the graves of 683 monks

Stephen Colbert.

Capybaras are called capivaras in Portuguese.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

The partridge is named after the ancient Greek word for the sound it made. What that sound was can be found by applying Grimm's Law ('p' in Greek/Latin becomes 'v' in German and 'f' in English)

Stephen Colbert.

Because of gravitational effects, you weigh slightly less, when the moon is directly overhead.

"There is no racism in China because we don't have any black people."

Unnamed student, Beijing University

Stephen Colbert.

There is racism in China, because they have non-Chinese oriental minorities.

Today my default browser crashed and it took most of the day, with help from support online, to connect with Internet Explorer.