Page 396 of 403 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,880 of 12089

Thread: Really trivial stuff that bugs you

Quote Originally Posted by Torsten View Post
    My evil intent was to help the kids, through play, understand integers and simple sums and differences before they got to kindergarten.
    You should market that. Noble proportions.

One of our dogs is overweight, according to the vet. About a month ago, she recommended we feed the dog with a "food puzzle", a toy that she has to move around to get food out of. Similar in concept to a piñata, but non-destructive. Anyway, after a month of her eating this way, we took her back for a checkup. The vet put her on the scale...

...Wouldn't you knw, the little stinker had gained two pounds.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Speaking of stinkers, as I typed the above post, I caught the other dog whizzing on the rug!!

A mouth full of coffee grounds from the last swig from a Tim Hortons cup. They are really good at making sure this doesn't happen, it's a surprise when it does happen.
    Solfe

It's a trick. They stick some grounds in when they are serving you reconstituted instant coffee to make you think it's real.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

When opening a thread, Tapatalk takes me to the newest unread post, allows me to read a sentence or so, then jumps to an earlier post.

It appears to have something to do with buggy ad insertion.

Speaking of ads, they are now trolling, with ads like “Do you think <name > was the worst president?” The mods should send them an infraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

I went through some of the boxes I have in storage at Graham's brothers' house yesterday. Not only did I not find the box that had the movie I was looking for, I think I wrenched my back.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Dog poo + Roomba = unhappy me

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    Speaking of stinkers, as I typed the above post, I caught the other dog whizzing on the rug!!
    That reminds me of a dandy I heard about in a military tattoo show here in greater Washington. There was a solemn scene in which a cavalry soldier portraying George Washington rode into the arena, dismounted and knelt down to say a prayer. In the middle of the prayer the horse whizzed. I wish I could have seen that, especially the look on the director's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    That reminds me of a dandy I heard about in a military tattoo show here in greater Washington. There was a solemn scene in which a cavalry soldier portraying George Washington rode into the arena, dismounted and knelt down to say a prayer. In the middle of the prayer the horse whizzed. I wish I could have seen that, especially the look on the director's face.
    Good thing there's Google, otherwise I'd be wondering why an audience would want to see a bunch of soldiers' tattoos.

Ouch! Our problem is cat toys, which aren't as bad.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Ouch! Our problem is cat toys, which aren't as bad.
    Mopping the floor wasn't nearly as bad as cleaning the Roomba. I had to phone a friend, I couldn't stand to do it alone. I'm germ-phobic.

"Simon, you've got to get dressed."

"I'm cold!"

"Dry off and put clothes on, and you won't be cold."

He only managed to make the bus by running across the street.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

I get upset when I see YouTube videos or Facebook threads about how awful certain movies were, when I particularly loved those movies.

1. Ghostbusters (2016): This was the funniest thing ever. It was fully on the same level as the original Ghostbusters for sheer comedy, pacing, dramatic scenes, unexpected twists, wild and crazy events, and special effects. So many people who don't like the new version can't resist mentioning their dislike for women in the movie's lead roles. [Long section on incels left out, including my desired disposition for the same.] Would I have preferred a sequel to the original movie? No, they did that and it wasn't as good. Plus we got the real Winston Z back. GB2016 was a winner in my book.

2. The Lost World was a superb sequel to Jurassic Park, and Jurassic Park III was passable enough for a final movie in the trilogy. The three movies formed a coherent whole, with major plot threads weaving from movie to movie. They were greatly enjoyable. The leap from first movie to the two Jurassic World movies was too extreme; the new plots did not hold up as well as the earlier ones. (The volcano in the last movie was dumb.) Plus, Jeff Goldblum got some of the best lines ever in The Lost World, and the Barney the dinosaur sequence in Jurassic Park III was too funny.

There, I've said it and gotten it all of my chest. Thank you for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    So many people who don't like the new version can't resist mentioning their dislike for women in the movie's lead roles. [Long section on incels left out, including my desired disposition for the same.]
    These are the same self proclaimed macho men who complain about the success of Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

"Disposition" those guys!

There are several threads running around on Facebook about this very same event occurring with other people. Why can't we make a Roomba that can SMELL???

Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    There are several threads running around on Facebook about this very same event occurring with other people. Why can't we make a Roomba that can SMELL???
    After suckin' up that dog poo it probably does.

Oh, wait. You meant detect, not emit. My bad.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

I remembered a joke about that.

Farmer 1: I have a goat with no nose.
    Farmer 2: Oh, my. How does it smell?
    Farmer 1: Awful!
    As above, so below

I'm searching for grammar checking software, but keep encountering websites that decided they needed social media to get reviews.

"tHis softwear helpeds me."
    "My righting is bedder."
    "The software is junk because <insert nitpick because machines can't always just context.>"

I am going to have a stroke.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    I remembered a joke about that.

Farmer 1: I have a goat with no nose.
    Farmer 2: Oh, my. How does it smell?
    Farmer 1: Awful!
    That was probably the first joke made right after the domestication of goats.

"Roomba ... you smell!"

"No ... you smell. I stink!"

Artificial intelligence!

(Old joke involving a language professor who fails in grooming.)
    Last edited by DonM435; 2019-May-29 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Changed the font. Wish we had some 8-bit monstrsity!

Dog peed on the rug again. Several places. I'm seriously considering doggie diapers.

You need to be alert and observant when riding a motorcycle.

Not a good sign it took me three days to find my motorcycle battery charger.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.
    Yeah, yeah, right, right. Okay.

Dog peed on the rug again. Several places. I'm seriously considering doggie diapers.
    Not to alarm you, but if this is a new, but recurring problem, it might indicate a more serious condition, either physical or mental.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Not to alarm you, but if this is a new, but recurring problem, it might indicate a more serious condition, either physical or mental.
    Not new, but we've recently had a few changes in conditions around the house making it worse lately. Also, I'm currently the one in charge of cleaning it up, so I notice it more ...and complain about it more.

These are the same self proclaimed macho men who complain about the success of Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

"Disposition" those guys!
    Apparently they're currently complaining about how they're forcing a female lead into the new Terminator movie, having I guess never seen the first two.

"You can't erase icing."

"Eww, girls have cooties!" ...Said no grown man, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    Apparently they're currently complaining about how they're forcing a female lead into the new Terminator movie, having I guess never seen the first two.
    I see a female human lead in a Terminator movie as being true to life, because of course we have dating.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    I wonder how many people are actually complaining about that, and how many are trolling.
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn