Page 390 of 390 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390
Results 11,671 to 11,692 of 11692

Thread: Really trivial stuff that bugs you

I thought kids were supposed to sleep later on the first few days of Daylight Savings, not wake you up literally before the crack of dawn!

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

My kid meowed in my ear at 6:00 AM. She normally does that at 5:00, so right on time.

I HATE the first day of "Spring Ahead".
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I had to explain it to Simon this morning. I also told him that there are people who want to end Daylight Savings Time, but they can't seem to agree on whether we should keep it year 'round or abolish it. His opinion is "whichever one means I get more sleep."

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    ...His opinion is "whichever one means I get more sleep."
    Heís a teenager already? My how time flies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

It bugs me that I'm sitting in front of the stupid computer right now when I should be in the recliner with a blanket, a cat, some soft music, and a book. Guess I'll go do something about that.

Donít forget the adult beverage.

Quote Originally Posted by schlaugh View Post
    Donít forget the adult beverage.
    I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    He’s a teenager already? My how time flies.
    Both kids definitely show tendencies. I had limited sympathy for him given how early he'd woken me up the day before, though!

"You can't erase icing."

My office seems to have a lot of issues with the fixtures in the restroom.

Their solution is to place a plastic bag over the offending toilet, waiting a few days, followed by removing the bag.

Considering how quickly the bags return, I donít think there is any actual plumbing work involved.

Job postings that don't really tell you what you are going to be doing at the job.
    From the wilderness to the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

There's this science forum I like in which a fake-science newbie is literally trolling everyone on the board, jerking their collective chain with a ridiculous claim until they go nuts, and there's nothing that I can do about it except feel sad.

It is not this forum, though.
    There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.
    ó Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi (1883)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    There's this science forum I like in which a fake-science newbie is literally trolling everyone on the board, jerking their collective chain with a ridiculous claim until they go nuts, and there's nothing that I can do about it except feel sad.

It is not this forum, though.
    You could have fooled me!

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Let's be a little cautious. You are essentially accusing another poster on this forum of being a troll and of "jerking people's chains". Even as a joke, that is not appropriate.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Perhaps this has been mentioned, but I'm annoyed at web pages that automatically run a subsequent video after the first concludes. I'm reading an article on a major news outlet discussing a specific topic. There's a video at the top which thankfully didn't autostart as it does on many pages. I'm interested so I click and watch. Cool. Then I proceed to read the text part of the article. Meanwhile, rather than going dormant, the video player loads up and starts a completely unrelated video, forcing me to scroll up and pause the thing.

I understand that some sites that are video-content heavy need to do this to ensure maximum facetime for their videos but this is on a site dedicated to thoughtful news. Who in that organization thought it a good idea to attempt to force readers to watch a video unrelated to the article which they clicked on to read? And I'm a paid subscriber. Very annoying.

I never see those, because I always stop the first video immediately after it starts automatically running when I load the page. When I'm king of the world, autoplay videos will be banned.

A sure sign of spring - watering, itching red eyes, getting worse today. I’ve taken an antihistamine and used eyedropes. Usually it fades in a few days, but in the meantime it sure is annoying.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

On the topic of videos, particularly annoying are those that are so important that they convert to a small screen and stay in view as you scroll down the page - even when stopped.

Twitter. I don't have an account and probably never will, but do read it pretty often. Lately it fails to load nearly every time I follow a link, saying "something went wrong." Reloading the page fixes it nearly every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Twitter. I don't have an account and probably never will, but do read it pretty often. Lately it fails to load nearly every time I follow a link, saying "something went wrong." Reloading the page fixes it nearly every time.
    I find twitter a good place to share images and keep up with a few people.

I have plenty of things that I could be doing today but can't figure out which one or ones today. First day of spring, could get some seeds to start, the bird feeder is low on seed could get more, could go get mail, there are plenty of small trees that could bet cut, could finish book, or finish a write up on a flat earth video. Some things I need caffeine to get brain into gear.

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    Vera Lynn birthday today! Forces sweetheart still with us at 102
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

Yesterday, Simon got very upset because he insisted he'd left his backpack where he lines up for the bus. There was then a great deal of fuss, and his teacher came out and told him that it was in the classroom. He insisted it was not. When the bus aide explained all this to me, Simon said it wasn't what happened and that he'd looked in the classroom, taken his backpack out, and then left it--though it wasn't, apparently, where he left it. I finally got him to concede that he'd look both in the classroom and in the lost and found, because whoever was right, his backpack would doubtless be in one of those two places. I told the bus aide this when getting Simon on the bus this morning, and he said, "Well, it's in the classroom."

Look, I get it. Simon's been a nuisance on the bus lately. But when I tell you how we're going to compromise, all I need is, "Okay." And you know, I'm teaching the guy a way to deal with Simon that cuts the fussing down--acknowledge his version of reality and come up with something that works for both, if there is one. And if Simon's wrong and it is in the classroom, "I told you so" is not going to improve his response next time.

"You can't erase icing."