Thread: Image won't load

Image won't load

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Moon Mappers. It was working fine, then I took a week off, during which Firefox, Java, Flash, etc. all installed updates. When I came back to Moon Mappers this week, it won't actually load any images (neither in "Simply Craters" nor "Man vs. Machine"). I thought maybe it was a website thing the first day, but it has persisted for many days now, and through computer reboots on my end. Everything else for crater and feature marking seems to load fine (I can select crater tool, feature tool, etc.), but the image itself remains black with the loading-spinny-of-death for all eternity. I'm on a Windows 7 (64bit) computer running Firefox version 12.0, Flash 11.2, Java 6 (I'm not sure what of these add-ons are relevant for Moon Mappers). Any suggestions? Anyone else had something like this happen before? Thanks!

First of all: Welcome to CosmoQuest, starkma!

I let the team know about this problem.

Problem viewing images

Hello all,
    I just registered on Sunday, but the images aren't appearing for me, all I see is the spinning icon. I've tried IE 9 and Firefox 12 under XP 32 and 7 64 bit. If I log out and navigate to the investigate page, when the login box appears the image also appears, but disappears after I log in and won't reappear again. It sounds like a bug, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue before I reported it.

Image Loading Problems threads moved and merged

It seems that both Ice Hunters and Moon Mappers are having similar issues, so I have merged the pertinent threads and moved them to the Admin page.

I will also alert the programmers to see if anyone can fix this quickly.

I cant say why it wont work. but have you try using chrome?

Just to add a bit more data. I just signed up, as I always liked planetary astronomy. However, like the OP, everything loads except the image. GNU/Linux Slackware 13.37 x86_64 Firefox 12. I have the same issue on MS Windows XP pro 32-bit, SP3, firefox 12.

Tranan, recommending Chrome for this issue is spurious logic. Yes, you may be a "fan" of chrome, but it does not follow that chrome is superior to firefox. Also, from what I can see, the image is loaded within a canvas element and Firefox has supported that since FF 1.5 . See https://developer.mozilla.org/en/HTML/Canvas

I do not have issues with other sites that use the canvas element to deliver WebGL and graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeowulf View Post
    Just to add a bit more data. I just signed up, as I always liked planetary astronomy. However, like the OP, everything loads except the image. GNU/Linux Slackware 13.37 x86_64 Firefox 12. I have the same issue on MS Windows XP pro 32-bit, SP3, firefox 12.

Tranan, recommending Chrome for this issue is spurious logic. Yes, you may be a "fan" of chrome, but it does not follow that chrome is superior to firefox. Also, from what I can see, the image is loaded within a canvas element and Firefox has supported that since FF 1.5 . See https://developer.mozilla.org/en/HTML/Canvas

I do not have issues with other sites that use the canvas element to deliver WebGL and graphics.
    You might bee right. but I don't favour any browser, Just want to make a solution for our user within my knowledge. I am a Photo-technician And my computer skills got limits. There fore I am thankful that you are able to help.

Have a nice week end.

Apologies for the problems you've been having. I've tried my best to fix them *crossing fingers*.

starkma, I believe I have fixed your problem. Could you try logging in and trying again?

kingbeowulf, I seriously have no idea why you can't log in. Your account avoids all manners of science and logic, so I've tried sprinkling some black magic on it. Do you mind checking to see if it worked?

Still not working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranan View Post
    I cant say why it wont work. but have you try using chrome?
    I can confirm that it does not work with Chrome either. IE, Firefox and Chrome are all equally affected. I would guess that it's an issue that only affects newly registered users?

Thanks for helping out Mickey. I think I've fixed it for you. Could you try it out now?

Also everyone else's logins should be working now. Please let me know if they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Thanks for helping out Mickey. I think I've fixed it for you. Could you try it out now?

Also everyone else's logins should be working now. Please let me know if they aren't.
    Yep, works fine now. Thanks!

I hate to wake up a dead thread, but I am having this issue. Image will not load if I am signed in. Images will load fine if I sign out, but I receive no stats.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

This is a tome that I wish that I knew more about these magic boxes on my desk. Sorry. I give Cory a nudge see if he can help.

Same thing is happening to me. It just sits on "Image Loading"

It was working fine yesterday and earlier today, but all evening it's been stuck.
    I tried logging out, and back in.

Also, when I click on "Report Bug" it will not go anywhere. I just get an error page.

Any word on this? I've tried everything from my end.

Still stuck on loading and still can't even report a bug.

centsworth Guest
    As cents, I viewed over 8000 images before loading stopped for me a couple days ago and still do not load. I re-registered as centsworth and have viewed 700 images so far with no problems loading.

That seems to have worked so far. Kind of a bummer to lose all the ones we already viewed though

As posted on other threads, I just got the answer that you might have seen all available images.

I've responded to this in the other two threads. Everyone currently with these problems is in those threads.

Thank you! I look forward to more images in the future.