Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Images load problem

Images load problem

I have problems with the loading of images.
    It is waiting indefinitely.
    Do you also have problems?
    or will something in my machine.

Yes, I now have the problem as well. And when I tried to report the bug via the "Report Bugs" button I got the following error:

Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS):

Mine is working again now. Odd.

In some ocassions the load is slow, but never stuck in my case. Random server issues?

Last night everything was working fine for me... and then it wasn't. Ever since then no images have been loading for me. Is anyone getting images?

Quote Originally Posted by cents View Post
    Last night everything was working fine for me... and then it wasn't. Ever since then no images have been loading for me. Is anyone getting images?
    Hi cents, I've used Ice Investigators several times today and haven't got any problem...

I cannot load images either. They will load if I log out, but they stop loading when I log back in.
    I have had this problem since yesterday.

I still get no images when logged in as cents. I tried re-registering as centsworth and I get images, no problem. I've logged out and back on several times and its always the same: I get images as centsworth, but not as cents. I've viewed over 8000 images as cents but it looks like I may need to start over as centsworth.

^ Same here no luck so far. I have 6778 images viewed. I was thinking that I ran out, but you have many more than I do. I don't know, I am hopeful that someone comes along soon and fixes this.

You might have seen all available images according to the science team. (I just got this via e-mail.)

Several users have identified all remaining images, or come very close to it. Everyone here but DanishDynamite has no more images left. Sorry, we're waiting on more images, and will hopefully get them soon.

We're also working on a more descriptive screen saying you've run out of images.

Thank you, starstryer.

Can you give us some stats to help us over the time ?

After 11277 images, I've reached the end of the first set!
    As Dakirah says, some stats (total images, # of Ice Investigators...) would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by elelectronlibre View Post
    ...some stats (total images, # of Ice Investigators...) would be nice!
    I also agree.

new set not loading ,black screen until one toggles. bug reporting link inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamDungworth View Post
    new set not loading ,black screen until one toggles. bug reporting link inactive.
    I have the same problem. The new image isnt loading after toogle. the reload of the site doesnt help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakirah View Post
    I have the same problem. The new image isnt loading after toogle. the reload of the site doesnt help.
    I'm having a "grey screen" error, the image doesn't load. As in the case of Dakirah, reload the page (even with ctrl+F5) doesn't help.

After marking image no. 993 of the new set I too now have the "grey screen of death". No new image loading. I've reported the problem via the "Report Bugs" button.

Quote Originally Posted by DanishDynamite View Post
    After marking image no. 993 of the new set I too now have the "grey screen of death". No new image loading. I've reported the problem via the "Report Bugs" button.
    If it's a blank grey screen you are seeing I am willing to bet you got a blank image.(you may have noticed a bunch of images that just have a big grey area. It is probably just more of that) if the app had a problem it would have been black.
    if you see the problem again hit the "click to open image in new window" and give me the URL it takes you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansr View Post
    If it's a blank grey screen you are seeing I am willing to bet you got a blank image.(you may have noticed a bunch of images that just have a big grey area. It is probably just more of that) if the app had a problem it would have been black.
    if you see the problem again hit the "click to open image in new window" and give me the URL it takes you to.
    Here's the URL:

http://www.cadc.hia.nrc.gc.ca/data/p....0001.6241.png

Just restarted CosmoQuest and I now got an image. I marked it and again I get a gray image. Here:

http://www.cadc.hia.nrc.gc.ca/data/p....0001.1665.png

Just got a grey screen and yeah some of the new images are just blank grey screens. Click the Bad image checkbox hit submit and repeat until you get a real image.

Restarted, got an image, marked it and again got a gray:

http://www.cadc.hia.nrc.gc.ca/data/p....0001.6241.png

This seems to be the same gray I got initially.

Just got a grey screen and yeah some of the new images are just blank grey screens. Click the Bad image checkbox hit submit and repeat until you get a real image.
    Got it. Thanks.

yeah it is and that shouldn't happen I will look into that and see what we can do about removing the grays because there are a lot of them.

Yep, there's a lot of grays. Also a lot of this type of bad images:

http://www.cadc.hia.nrc.gc.ca/data/p...0401.16225.png

Quote Originally Posted by DanishDynamite View Post
    Yep, there's a lot of grays. Also a lot of this type of bad images:

http://www.cadc.hia.nrc.gc.ca/data/p...0401.16225.png
    just asked someone about that image. I was told its not a bad image. Some of the new ones are just like that.

just asked someone about that image. I was told its not a bad image. Some of the new ones are just like that.
    Trust me, its a bad image. Or at least it's impossible to mark.

I'm getting nothing but bad images of the two types mentioned above, gray or noise, interspersed every 10-12 images with a real image. Hope you can fix this. Shutting down for now.