Thread: Marking ice blobs accurately

Question Marking ice blobs accurately

Hello Ice Investigators, nice to hear the project has just passed its 100 day! My first question is - has anyone else found that to place a diamond on a blob you have to put your marker towards the top left hand side of the spot you want the diamond to centre on? It might be just my laptop being a few pixels out - but it is annoying especially with the small ones that don't end up in the centre.
    The other question is about the small double blobs. Are they asteroids? Are they blurred images of ice? Any help appreciated.

Could your problem with placing the markers perhaps be related to the browser you're using? (I think there was a problem using Ice Hunters with Google Chrome.)

Quote Originally Posted by dosey View Post
    ...to place a diamond on a blob you have to put your marker towards the top left hand side...
    I noticed this as well but I don't think it's critical that the blob be in the exact center of the diamond, as long as it is well within the diamond.

Thanks kmasterdo and cents,I do remember now there was a problem on Ice Hunters but it sorted out after being mentioned on the blogs - I do use Google Chrome so will just wait and see if it continues. I wondered if the science team clicked onto the diamonds using some auto-focus system so might not get a strong signal in their KBO testing reply if the blob was not central. Cheers, happy hunting!