Page 311 of 311 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311
Results 9,301 to 9,307 of 9307

Thread: Really trivial stuff that amuses you...

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    Solfe, isn’t it time for the “I forgot that I signed up for a class, attended no sessions, but have to take the final exam” nightmare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since I retired, I've largely replaced that one with similar ones about work.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Since I retired, I've largely replaced that one with similar ones about work.
    Same with me - strangely enough they seem more common the longer I have been retired.

Simon and I have started spending the time we wait for his bus learning about things--we'll take something we see at his bus stop, and I'll teach him what I know about it. This morning, we were talking about speed limits. I told him that the speed limit on our block is 25 miles an hour, because we live in a residential area and there are expected to be a lot of people around. I told him there was one place that had a lower speed limit, somewhere with a lot of people who might not be as careful as they should be with cars. Could he guess where that was? He thought a minute and said, "California?"

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Mrs Extravoice found a T-shirt as a Christmas gift for our daughter, the speech pathologist.

The shirt says "Keep talking, I'm diagnosing you."

(And you just know she is.)
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

The Seahawks are on Monday Night Football, wearing their green PJ's. Worst uniforms in history, I'm going to root for the Vikings.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

On my morning bike ride today I went down a bike path a suburb over. Alongside a big park the local council was repairing damage caused by gum tree roots lifting up the bitumen. It was like being on a major road during roadworks. There were three council utes parked on the path with flashing hazard lights, about 4 workers digging up and resealing the path. Plus two people holding signs to stop "traffic" at either end of the work-site, communicating with each other by 2-way radio. I felt quite important as they waved me through and we all wished each other G'day.

Then about another km down the path there was a police 4-wheel drive parked on the bike path. Two policemen plus the possible owner were examining what looked to be a stolen, damaged & dumped off-road motorbike on the side of the path. To finish off I went another 500 metres and two women were out with a young child, her small bike and a dog. Naturally enough they had all became tangled up and blocked the path. Luckily I ride so slowly that there were no problems for me.It was all a bit of fun during my ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    Mrs Extravoice found a T-shirt as a Christmas gift for our daughter, the speech pathologist.

The shirt says "Keep talking, I'm diagnosing you."

(And you just know she is.)
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules