Page 308 of 308 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308
Results 9,211 to 9,218 of 9218

Thread: Really trivial stuff that amuses you...

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    Extravoice, he saw your avatar and now is demanding to watch Underdog.
    Now, that amuses me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

I've been recording lesson plans for a class. I'm using a Chromebook and sharing the videos via Google Drive. Since this is technically a video, Google Photos has access to it. Google Photos has an assistant feature which can enhance photos and videos. Sometimes it will create a gif from multiple related photos and if it has enough photos, it can make a movie. Most of the time, the effect isn't bad, sometimes even nice.

However, when it "enhanced" a video of my lesson plan on "The Storm Before the Storm", it decided to add bouncy, exciting music. I am not sure if it is a feature or a bug, but my voice sounds auto-tuned and heavily skip-sampled. It's so horrible, it's comical.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xw71dgdDuGV13T8W6

I can't even begin to describe how awful it is. The most amusing part is my intro line was something about "nice options for technology" is the only understandable part. No, this is not a nice option for technology. It's 28 seconds of terrible, abusive technology.
    Solfe

While getting some of the tomato cages pulled up I was walking by the raspberries and looked down. There was the missing lid to a garbage can that blew off weeks ago. I looked all over for it. I guess because of the grass, horseradish and raspberries had covered it. Mom just bought a new garbage can this week.
    From the wilderness to the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

When I was a child, we were cleaning up after the Santa Ana winds had swept through again. We found a couple of trash cans with a street number painted on them and returned them to their owners. They were so delighted to get their trash cans back that, from then on, any time any of us had a school fundraiser/were selling Girl Scout cookies, we'd say, "Oh, and we need to stop by the trash can people; they'll buy something."

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

This is not the first time this lid was blown away. The first time was a after snow storm and went up and down the neighborhood. Before I found my lid I noticed a neighbors can was blown into the trees on his property. I got the can for him because I knew it would be hard for to get it because he was having problems with his knees. He is in his seventies I think, he actually sold the house and him and his wife moved into town. Found my lid blown up between an old apple tree and a rose bush.
    From the wilderness to the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

A fellow student in my English class said: "I'm thinking I will go into special education. There is more money and jobs in it."

This was met by numerous raised eyebrows.
    Solfe

I realized a while back that the sort of people who used to drive Volvos now have Subarus.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I realized a while back that the sort of people who used to drive Volvos now have Subarus.
    Really? Why's that?
    I spent 20 years driving Subarus, but can't say I ever hankered after a Volvo before that.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.