Thread: Seeking collaborator for informative iPhone app about subatomic particles

Seeking collaborator for informative iPhone app about subatomic particles

Hi, me and some friends are in the making of an app of information about subatomic particles and a paticle physics.

Of course, we don't aim to provide a full university cursus about that, as we are only amateurs and interested in this field of science.

We would just like somebody who knows more than us to verify and add stuff in our application.

Thanks! Please comment or send a private message to me!
    -Dave

Hi Xibalba,

we can try to answer things here, but one idea is to talk to the folks at Hyperphysics and see if they'd like to partner with you. I know a mobile version of their content is something I'd pay for!

Seems like they already have an app! http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html

OH! Cool - Hrm... this may translate into meaning a new app isn't needed. Not sure.

Or maybe not. We offer something different than them. They are quite vague about particle physics, but are broad in physics. We focus on subatomic particles and the interactions and properties involved. In a learning format.

Quote Originally Posted by Xibalba View Post
    We offer something different than them.
    Why don't you ask them then? A good app on particle physics is an excellent idea!

Quote Originally Posted by kmasterdo View Post
    Why don't you ask them then? A good app on particle physics is an excellent idea!
    I can't find a place where I could contact them :/ If you have a link to such place, or an email address I could send a message to, it would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, the app is on its way, and it is looking marvelous! Cool style, with a learn and test yourself format. There will be some achievements, and probably downloadable content after the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Xibalba View Post
    I can't find a place where I could contact them :/ If you have a link to such place, or an email address I could send a message to, it would be greatly appreciated.
    You could perhaps try this.

Thanks a lot!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 4.26.30 PM.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	17465

Here's an early look on the working version of the app. Of course, the French word "Chapitre 1" has already been replaced to its English equivalent haha

If you have some feedbacks or suggestions to send my direction, they will all be appreciated!

And by the way, we are still on the hunt for some to verify the information we put into the app.

Thanks!

If you wanted an iPad version you could use Conjyr. www.conjyr.com you can get it built quick using ppt slides, images, movies, docs, etc and post it on conjyr.com. then the whole project can be compiled as an app store app. I own the source, would be glad to put it up for you.