Thread: Two questions

Two questions

Hy to everybody, i've two questions:
    1) When will new images for ice investigators come out for doing science?
    2) I'm curious for the scientific results from the last images that ice investigators have controlled... is it coming out something?:-))).
    Excuse me for my bad behavior and english.
    To tell the truth i've no time to control all the forum for eventually similar replies.
    Many thanks for the eventually replies and for the team: have a good job.
    Cheers gonano.

Hi gonano, there's no need to be sorry. I'll get on the science team's nerves to find out something... Have a nice day!

I've been asking these questions for a while and haven't gotten an answer.

Well since no one else has said it... I will.

We're out of ice. : )
    Solfe

In the Blog, There is a nice animation based on some of the results.
    see :http://cosmoquest.org/blog/2012/08/n...belt-fly-thru/

Gonano and all,

I am glad to see you are all asking th same question as I am:

dennispattensr
    dennispattensr is online now Newbie

Default What is happening with our Ice?

Is anything happening with our current and future ice? I cannot see my gallery and no one seems to be keeping contact with your volunteers. How about some weekly statuses from the program team? Follow Alan Stern's good example for Program Leadership by keeping the troops aware of activities and plans for upcoming activities.

Thanks,
    Dennis Patten -----------------------------------------------------------------

I sent this out over a week ago. I too have been returning every day to check. I would at least like to have access to My Gallery so I could see the Ice I marked. I have a great nephew that is in elementary school and he gets very excited to see what we are doing. He has his name on the New Horizon Space Craft and loves THE PLANET Pluto.... Maybe our future Astronaut/President.. Ha..

Dennis

Hey all,

I now have access to MY Gallery. I can't mark favorites but I can see the Ice...

Cheers!
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by dennispattensr View Post
    Hey all,

I now have access to MY Gallery. I can't mark favorites but I can see the Ice...

Cheers!
    Dennis
    fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansr View Post
    fixed.
    Thanks!

Ansr,

Thank you!! I spent the whole morning marking my old ice and reviewing those that also marked the ice. This will keep me busy for a while... Bring on the ice!!!

Thanks again!
    Dennis

Hi all, I don't want to sound too excited, but StarStryder just forwarded me some news on new images: There's data that first needs to be processed before we'll get "a flood of new images". That means more waiting for us here, but some motion. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kmasterdo View Post
    Hi all, I don't want to sound too excited, but StarStryder just forwarded me some news on new images: There's data that first needs to be processed before we'll get "a flood of new images". That means more waiting for us here, but some motion. :-)
    YAY!! Can't wait for more ice images! If there is any way to help in the process of the data just ask ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru View Post
    YAY!! Can't wait for more ice images! If there is any way to help in the process of the data just ask ^^
    I'll forward that to the science team...

I know I would love to help and am sure most of the more active Ice Hunters would all help if you need it. Please send an alert to us when you get the Ice data ... Bring on the Ice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru View Post

Hey all,
    It has been a couple weeks since the last post. Have we heard any news about the next batch of images? Maybe they could release them a few at a time.... just the ones they got done in the last few weeks.

Dennis

Hey all,
    It has been a couple weeks since the last post. Have we heard any news about the next batch of images?
    I haven't heard anything since then, but I'll try to find out if there's something coming.
    Last edited by kmasterdo; 2012-Sep-01 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Spelling

I haven't heard anything since then, but I'll try to find out if there's something coming.
    I can't wait to get more ice! Looking forward for that batch

I know what the teams has been pretty busy lately, but there is any news about new images for Ice Investigators?

No news yet, as far as I know.

No news yet, as far as I know.
    Any news? I just read this tweet at NH website:

"NewHorizons2015 NASA's mission to Pluto was the fastest spacecraft ever launched! Still doing >1million kilometers a day--every day--screaming toward Pluto! "

Seems we are fast approaching the point where even if we do find data, they won't be able to make use of it... before it passes that point of no more possible deviations to the path, without significant use of fuel.

Dennis

....point of no more possible deviations to the path, without significant use of fuel....
    No deviations can be made before the Pluto encounter in 2015. Any deviation toward a KBO will be made after the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by centsworth_II View Post
    No deviations can be made before the Pluto encounter in 2015. Any deviation toward a KBO will be made after the encounter.
    Huh?....

NewHorizons2015 The New Horizons team is studying 5 possible alternate trajectories thru the Pluto system if hazards on the nominal path raise concerns.

Huh?....
    No deviations to target KBOs will occur before the encounter. Any alternate trajectory for the Pluto encounter will be entirely based on what is best for the safety of the craft and the science gain of the Pluto encounter. Of course KBO targets will need to be finalized before the encounter if the deviation toward the KBO target is to occur as soon as possible after the Pluto encounter.