Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 3,001 to 3,007 of 3007

Thread: What are you watching?

Doc Martin, Series 8, again. We really like the show. The final episode last night had Sigourney Weaver as a guest star. She's an old and close friend of Selina Cadell, who plays insane pharmacist Mrs. Tishell.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Counterpart. Parallel universes, politics and spies. J.K. Simmons, Olivia Williams, Stephen Rea, Richard Schiff - which can't be a bad combination.
    Towards the end of season one I had the distinct feeling that characters were doing stuff merely to position themselves for season two, but there's enough there to make me want to watch more, if only to see Simmons play two very different characters so well.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.

QANTAS is not the best airline I have flown on but to give them credit when their in-flight entertainment says "Classic" movies they mean it - unlike other airlines I have flown. Today I was able to sit back at 40,000 feet and watch Bogey & Bacall banter and spark with each other in "The Big Sleep". And, as we have discussed before on this site, the flirtation between Bogey & Dorothy Malone in the bookshop is always a delight to watch.

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    Quote Originally Posted by ozduck View Post
    QANTAS is not the best airline I have flown on but to give them credit when their in-flight entertainment says "Classic" movies they mean it - unlike other airlines I have flown. Today I was able to sit back at 40,000 feet and watch Bogey & Bacall banter and spark with each other in "The Big Sleep". And, as we have discussed before on this site, the flirtation between Bogey & Dorothy Malone in the bookshop is always a delight to watch.
    I just flew Norwegian (also at 40,000 feet) and watched "Gone with the Wind" while several others were available. No music however, I had to supply that myself.
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

Quote Originally Posted by profloater View Post
    I just flew Norwegian (also at 40,000 feet) and watched "Gone with the Wind" while several others were available. No music however, I had to supply that myself.
    That is good to hear. Other airlines I have flown seem to consider "Classics" to be movies about 10 years old!

What are you watching?

“Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” The very well done documentary about Fred Rogers, producer, writer, composer and star of “Mr Rogers Neighborhood“.

I was a teen when the show premiered in 1968 but who in the world wasn’t aware of it - and him?

Watched most of it too, got a bit upset about what happened at the funeral, across the street.
    From the wilderness to the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/