Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495
Results 2,821 to 2,823 of 2823

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by ozduck View Post
    ... there was also nothing to really explain why Julie fell in love with him in the first place. ...
    Which is another reason Billy needs to have some redeemability. Julie saw something. We should, too.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Eh, a lot of women end up with men without it, and I think we should see the women's perspective if anything. She thought there was something there, but that honestly doesn't mean there is. The way most abusers start--and I do agree Hugh Jackman could handle this dynamic--is by seeming charming and then turning out to just have the charm, but by then it's too late for the woman to feel safe in escaping. (Or man.) That doesn't mean we as an audience have to be fooled. I've never liked Carousel; someone in my theatre group saw it recently, as I recall (possibly the same performance, as it's a Facebook group), and demanded an explanation of the show and its appeal. We couldn't give them one.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    Eh, a lot of women end up with men without it, and I think we should see the women's perspective if anything. She thought there was something there, but that honestly doesn't mean there is. The way most abusers start--and I do agree Hugh Jackman could handle this dynamic--is by seeming charming and then turning out to just have the charm, but by then it's too late for the woman to feel safe in escaping. (Or man.) That doesn't mean we as an audience have to be fooled. I've never liked Carousel; someone in my theatre group saw it recently, as I recall (possibly the same performance, as it's a Facebook group), and demanded an explanation of the show and its appeal. We couldn't give them one.
    What it has got going for it is mainly some excellent songs and a great piece of orchestral music in "The Carousel Waltz".