Thread: CosmoQuest Hangout-a-thon Fundraiser

CosmoQuest Hangout-a-thon Fundraiser

For those of you who have not noticed the message at the upper right of the forum, the CosmoQuest Hangout-a-thon Fundraiser is now going on.

Here are some links if you care to check it out:

Background / explanation

Schedule

Watch
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    For those of you who have not noticed...
    Count me as not noticing. I noticed the banner announcing it after I saw this post (although it was the first thread I opened today)

When did it go up? I may have not noticed it because the banner for the survey was up so long that I started to ignore it.

When was this originally planned and announced? Looking at the schedule, it looks like it actually took time to put together.
    Unfortunately I missed most of it. It looks like 4 hours left. They just started the finale. (looks like a repeat of what I saw this morning. Is the last segment left over from this weekend?)
    Last edited by NEOWatcher; 2013-Jun-17 at 04:30 PM.

I think it was planned last month. There was one or more mentions in the Astronomy Casts recently and then a lot more talk on Google+.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    I think it was planned last month. There was one or more mentions in the Astronomy Casts recently and then a lot more talk on Google+.
    More proof that they ignore the forum?
    Et tu BAUT? Quantum mutatus ab illo.

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    Count me as not noticing. I noticed the banner announcing it after I saw this post (although it was the first thread I opened today)

When did it go up? I may have not noticed it because the banner for the survey was up so long that I started to ignore it.

When was this originally planned and announced? Looking at the schedule, it looks like it actually took time to put together.
    Unfortunately I missed most of it. It looks like 4 hours left. They just started the finale. (looks like a repeat of what I saw this morning. Is the last segment left over from this weekend?)
    Sorry, I don't know anything more than what I posted and what is at the links. I'm just the messenger (and not the one orbiting Mercury).
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I got carpet bombed. They hit twitter, the forum (2 posts counting this one, the banner, calendar and hangout button), meetup.com, plus.google.com, slate.com via Phil Plait, cq blog (twice), Astronomy cast, and maybe facebook.com.
    Solfe

I watched a bit and gave some money. Hopefully, it helped.