Thread: Boulder Science Festival??

Boulder Science Festival??

So Phil has a new venture called the Boulder Science Festival coming up in October. According to this, he was apparently charging more money than people were willing to pay, as he has lowered prices....which I think is very funny.

...but that's not the point of this thread...

why hasn't Phil bothered to announce this "festival", here on this board? One would think that if he were looking for people interested in such things, this would be his first stop.

Nope...I "discovered" it by accidently reading his blog...something I've been doing less and less lately...

....just another in the continuing examples of how Phil has COMPLETELY ABANDONED his own board...sad, but not surprising...

The price is insane. By way of comparison, for $305, my family of 5 could have year long memberships to the Buffalo Science Museum, the Historical Museum, The Rochester Museum of Play and the Buffalo Zoo and go out for dinner.

Actually buying three of the four memberships invalidates the last purchase, as the combined member perks grants access to so many other museums, zoos and culturals, you never pay admission for anything. I just haven't figured out the combo effect. Having all of them provides an embarrassing number of edutainment options.

I am pretty sure Phil won't be checking in anytime soon, he hasn't been running the show in years. I still enjoy his books, but don't read the blog.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    The price is insane.
    I wonder what it was before the "discount"?

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    Price $125 regular/$70 student.
    Thanks...so it was a pretty big "discount".