Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Report problems for the Build Team

Quote Originally Posted by John Mendenhall View Post
    Every post of Fraser's in the collaboration forum does this when I click on more. I am quite unable to enjoy Fraser's written or spoken words of wisdom.

This site can’t provide a secure connection
    www.universetoday.com uses an unsupported protocol.
    ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure.
    It's an XP problem. Don't worry; I love Microsoft . . . not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    It is still doing the same thing. For the previous ten years it never logged off unless punched out or did something like cleaning out my cache. For comparison I stay logged in on Facebook seemingly forever unless I punch out, even when I clean the cache.
    Hb, your problem may be another wonderful update in something else (for your security and convenience, of course. I finally tracked my problem down through Wiki, of all places.

The database has encountered a problem

I saw some database problems. Refresh option on page got me past it, around 5:15 am PDT, August 7. Page asserted that the maintainers had been notified. Also saw slow performance, and one scrozzled Forum Introductions and Feedback subforum page display.

I also recorded these instances:
    Mon Aug 7 12:08:07 UTC 2017 The database has encountered a problem.
    Mon Aug 7 12:11:01 UTC 2017 The database has encountered a problem.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

yes, I got a database error a few minutes ago, on 'new posts'.
    Formerly Frog march..............

She was only a farmer's daughter, but she was outstanding in her field.

I can't seem to edit my own posts. That is odd.

Edit - I can't edit any of my older posts, but I can edit this one. Weirder than I thought.
    Solfe, Dominus Maris Pavos.

Was there not a recent change that prevented editing after a period, like 24 hours?

Some who maintained posts, to keep them up-to-date, were saddened.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

Not very long ago we've had to enforce the "no edits" rule that was already in place by setting forum parameters. This due to spammers using the edit mode to change old posts into unacceptable content. If you really need a post changed, use the report button and one of us can do it for you.

Errr, yeah, what 01101001 said. This sadness was anticipated but we've been unable to come up with a workable solution for it, other than the one above.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Quote Originally Posted by 01101001 View Post
    Was there not a recent change that prevented editing after a period, like 24 hours?

Some who maintained posts, to keep them up-to-date, were saddened.
    Quote Originally Posted by slang View Post
    Not very long ago we've had to enforce the "no edits" rule that was already in place by setting forum parameters. This due to spammers using the edit mode to change old posts into unacceptable content. If you really need a post changed, use the report button and one of us can do it for you.

Errr, yeah, what 01101001 said. This sadness was anticipated but we've been unable to come up with a workable solution for it, other than the one above.
    Now, that sounds about right. I guess that's a feature, not a bug.*

Thanks.

Edit - I am 99% certain I saw a post as described and reported it. So, it's really me.
    Solfe, Dominus Maris Pavos.

On Digital Spy you get 15minutes...after that my posts in poor taste are there forever!!
    Formerly Frog march..............

She was only a farmer's daughter, but she was outstanding in her field.

Mostly this will be annoying when re-reading a thread some time later, and noticing a typo that can't be fixed.
    Conserve energy. Commute with the Hamiltonian.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Mostly this will be annoying when re-reading a thread some time later, and noticing a typo that can't be fixed.
    Test post.

edit: Immediate test edit.

edit again: Good. I make a lot of tpyos.
    Last edited by John Mendenhall; 2017-Sep-11 at 02:51 PM. Reason: test

I only hit the "submit post" button once, but there are three threads in ATM. I do recall hitting a carriage return, but I didn't think that would cause the draft to be submitted....

I've deleted the duplicate threads.

I don't know exactly what happened, but it must be more than just hitting an extra return, because one of the thread titles had a misspelling in it.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I was editing the draft....

XP is starting to suck. I think they are breaking it on purpose. (just because your paranoid...)

I saw it when it happened. What I was doing was typing into the preview by mistake and hit the carriage return and the screen reset. I did it twice, but the edit box was still open once the screen reset.

I probably should move into the 21st century