Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: I am so old...

That was before the farm, eieio.
    From the wilderness to the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

I am so old...that elderberries are just berries.

I remember when asking someone if he was at home while talking to him on the phone was a stupid question.

I used to spend silver certificates.

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    I remember in the beginning, There were only pnp transistors but I am so old that it seems they were geraniums and then along came silly cons that were npns, and they were as big as flap jacks.
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I used to spend silver certificates.
    I used to spend silver dollars.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by profloater View Post
    I remember in the beginning, There were only pnp transistors but I am so old that it seems they were geraniums and then along came silly cons that were npns, and they were as big as flap jacks.
    In a closer-to-life variant:

"I am so old, I remember when the amount of transistors was stated on your radio. Spelled out in full. Because it was that impressive to have not a three, not a four, but a FIVE transistor radio."

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    In a closer-to-life variant:

"I am so old, I remember when the amount of transistors was stated on your radio. Spelled out in full. Because it was that impressive to have not a three, not a four, but a FIVE transistor radio."
    Ah i stopped for a while at two transistors for a crystal set with a razor blade semiconductor. It might be the last electronic design of mine that worked as intended but alas i suspect the circuit was given to me by boys own magazine or the like. Back then fox hole radios as they were known, were all the rage but i doubt the original foxes had transistors to play with.
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.

Fact checking, the single point pnp germanium transistor, 1947 leading to the 1956 Nobel prize. But amazingly the fet was patented many years earlier !
    sicut vis videre esto