Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134
Results 3,991 to 3,994 of 3994

Thread: Stuff you just don't get.

Meanwhile, I just don't get the "selfie in front of a beautiful view" thing. We visited a spectacular viewpoint today, and the view from either side was just as pleasing as the "point" itself. I leaned on the guardrail and watched a succession of people worm their way through the crowd out on the point, reach the safety rail ... then immediately turn around, hold their phone up, suck in their cheeks, drop their jaw with their lips closed, tilt their head, raise one eyebrow, fire off a selfie, and then walk back the way they'd come. I swear they only ever looked at the view as a backdrop in the phone screen. Remarkable.

Grant Hutchison

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    Or this:
    https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...ken-first-ride

Grant Hutchison

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    Meanwhile, I just don't get the "selfie in front of a beautiful view" thing. We visited a spectacular viewpoint today, and the view from either side was just as pleasing as the "point" itself. I leaned on the guardrail and watched a succession of people worm their way through the crowd out on the point, reach the safety rail ... then immediately turn around, hold their phone up, suck in their cheeks, drop their jaw with their lips closed, tilt their head, raise one eyebrow, fire off a selfie, and then walk back the way they'd come. I swear they only ever looked at the view as a backdrop in the phone screen. Remarkable.

Grant Hutchison
    I don't get it either. I take a lot of photos, particularly on vacation (holiday). Lots of them are of beautiful things, and in none of them do I want me in the picture. I don't need to demonstrate to anyone that I was there. The only time I ever do a selfie-style photo is with my wife also in the photo, and even those we do pretty rarely (and more often then not, with the 35mm SLR on a timer, not the phone). And even in that case, there is often a good photographic reason for the selfie: big panoramas look beautiful to the eye, but often make poor photographs, because there is no center of interest. Putting something in the foreground, even yourself, can help the photo. But I doubt that is the reason for the selfie for most people.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Hotel room refrigerators. They ALWAYS have some sort of special shelf for drinks. Which ALWAYS just throws the bottles/cans on the floor if you try to use it. Which I demonstrated to my traveling companions just moments ago.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.