Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596
Results 2,851 to 2,857 of 2857

Thread: Stuff you just don't get.

My sister. Why she apparently thinks I must "do something" about a current medical dilemma our mother is facing (appointments, testing, surgical location sites) when I'm 1250 miles away. Both were supposed to move *here* as permanent residents years ago. That didn't happen. My husband's also refused to relocate. If they're not here and I'm not there...

Sister sort of resents me for burden of our elderly mother falling on her. I told mother to move here (I'd look after her). Unless my husband should suddenly change his mind (we move) or we get divorced (won't happen), I guess sister is stuck.
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    To get from the bedroom to the living room, I go down the hall.
    To get from the living room to the bedroom, I go down the hall.
    Do I live in M.C. Escher's house?
    It's true I don't hear the expression "go up the hall" very often. Very P.G. Wodehousian, that.

(Post inspired because he's on Good Morning America right now.)

The Seal song "Kiss from a Rose". Covered by darn near everyone. I kept hearing it on the radio and the lyrics seemed to make no sense. So I looked them up. They don't make any sense when you read them, either.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    The Seal song "Kiss from a Rose". Covered by darn near everyone. I kept hearing it on the radio and the lyrics seemed to make no sense. So I looked them up. They don't make any sense when you read them, either.
    I think I remember him stating that this was intentional, and that he would refuse to give and/or explain them. He made me LOL when performing this song in the Discovery Shark Week teaser this year, though.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Quote Originally Posted by slang View Post
    Ah yes, men in tights! Have to stop it every 2 minutes or so to explain to audience and players what just happened. Call it Foot ball but always handle the ball with hands.
    It's been suggested that the name should be changed to "handegg".
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

The game is still played on foot, not on horse (or on hand). And the ball is nothing like an egg; that's rugby you're thinking of.

Lemuel Gulliver might point out there's no end more or less pointy than the other. (In either sport).
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.