Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 4150

Thread: Trivial (or not so trivial) stuff that makes you happy.

I can remember when the NFL champion would play a pre-season exhibition match against a collegiate all-star team. They had some "play gentle" rules, but both teams also had something to prove.

The NHL has been using a very interesting all-star game set up. The league has four conferences. Each conference has a team. (More all-stars get to compete.) They play two 20 minute mini-games (AvB and CvD) and the two winners play a third. Fast, high scoring, still some hitting, and fun to watch.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Yeah, well...hitting. Lots of grudges on the ice, even in an all-star game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here in the maritimes two university teams got into a fight Sunday and they are still figuring out who and how long to suspend.
    From the wilderness to the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Our power came back on after four hours. It's about 0C here so that's a very good thing. Also good is that our fancy integrated generator fired up automatically and kept us from being totally without. Couldn't actually watch TV, but after I moved the main Tivo box into the bedroom where the power is we could watch recordings.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

A friend's power went off yesterday, and she got it back pretty quickly, too. Also, the cat that turned up at her house and wasn't hers turned out to have an owner who was happy to get it back and find out that it had spent the night safe and warm.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Speaking of cats, there was a cat in Montana the other day that apparently got injured while outside and was unable to make its way to its usual hiding spots. When its owners found it, it was unresponsive, with clumps of snow frozen to its fur, and had a body temperature lower than what the vet's thermometers were able to read.

Made a complete recovery.
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn

Eight left.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Here is the official warning there is another member of the family with a drivers licence, may niece passed here drivers test today.

They're starting two hours late, but our school district goes back today.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    Here is the official warning there is another member of the family with a drivers licence, may niece passed here drivers test today.
    Sorry my niece.