Page 105 of 115 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 3434

Thread: Trivial (or not so trivial) stuff that makes you happy.

Environment Canada has issued a Winter Storm Warning for my area. I'm very happy to stay home and read.

Saw a guy in the parking lot at Safeway in a TARDIS stocking cap. Called out to him that I like his hat and that he should look at my license plate: DALEKS. He laughed and showed me his TARDIS keychain. Just like my wife's, I told him. And that she has TARDIS on her license plate.

Always nice to run into a Whovian.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I want Tom Baker's scarf ! Lot of yarn there

Knew a guy who had one, he once dangled down opening for a staircase it made it all the way down.
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

And speaking of science fiction, SpaceX has successfully launched Falcon Heavy.

Iím happy that the lead story on tonightís network TV news was not about politics, but the Falcon Heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    I’m happy that the lead story on tonight’s network TV news was not about politics, but the Falcon Heavy.
    Same here in N.Z.

Brought tears to my eyes.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Construction work in Brisbane, Queensland has uncovered 134 year old electrical cables known as "Edison Tubes" http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-0...arthed/9401440 .They were laid down in 1884 and Brisbane was the third city, after New York & London to use them.

I like that the length of each segment - 20 feet - was determined by what a horse carriage could transport through New York alleyways.

Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    Same here in N.Z.

Brought tears to my eyes.
    Even on The Daily Show, he said because there wasn't really any other lead story they could go with yesterday.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

While bringing in some wood realized in couple weeks it will be time to wear a baseball cap.
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by astrotimer View Post
    While bringing in some wood realized in couple weeks it will be time to wear a baseball cap.
    So you've been wearing a football helmet until recently?

Quote Originally Posted by DonM435 View Post
    So you've been wearing a football helmet until recently?

I too am puzzled. I the winter I wear one to keep my scalp warm. In the summer I wear one to keep it from burning.

It is starting to get warmer here, I have been wearing a knit cap or a toque.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    I’m happy that the lead story on tonight’s network TV news was not about politics, but the Falcon Heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There has been, of course, a tweet.

Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

Are you going to be playing baseball?

Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    There has been, of course, a tweet.
    More than one-- #FalconHeavy was trending for most of Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    Are you going to be playing baseball?
    I was just saying it was getting warmer out and therefore don't need such a heavy hat.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

Sorry that I caused confusion with a silly joke.

I know guys who wear a cap year 'round. Probably 24-7.

No problem, I know people who wear ball caps all the time too.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

One last thing before I nod for while. Turkish garbage collectors saved over 6000 books from being thrown over the years and opened their own library.
    http://forreadingaddicts.co.uk/news/...ed-books/23374
    Don't Panic THGTTG

No problem, I know people who wear ball caps all the time too.
    I wear a hat all year round when outside. Of course it is a cricket hat and not a baseball cap. The reason is not actually because of any sporting affiliation, even though I do far prefer cricket to baseball. It is simply because a cricket hat has a wide brim all the way around. In a country with the equal highest rate of skin cancer in the world (tied with NZ) you take all sensible precautions.

My current cap has no logo on it, my last one was from the gift from NASA that I lost I think at my sisters place. If I just left behind at my high school reunion I would not have ran into old friend and a lot trouble would not have happened.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

I don't wear ball caps too much any more but I do like my fedora...not 24/7 like but enough to be seen in it most days when I'm out and about. If I have to spend much time outside this time of year, though, I'll probably wear a rabbit fur Mad Bomber, a muskrat trooper style, or the closest thing to a ball cap in winter is a shearling-lined Filson "Elmer Fudd" hat.

On the topic of happy: The Wife and I now have a touch of daylight during both our morning and evening commutes.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

I have held a building permit in my hands, and even given it a kiss. Construction of our new house starts on March 9. I would never have thought that spending $600,000 would make so happy!

Happy building.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

Make sure they do a good job on the roof ...up there in the great north wet

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I have held a building permit in my hands, and even given it a kiss. Construction of our new house starts on March 9. I would never have thought that spending $600,000 would make so happy!
    I hope the weather improves! I mean, I like snow, but not for building in.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

I'm not worried about the weather. I am, however, worried that taking out a massive loan at the age of 70 is kind of stupid.

I saw a blurb on Facebook about Ewan Mcgregor's brother, Colin. He was an RAF pilot with the nickname Obi-Two. That's funny, true or not.
    Solfe

Oh, the other thing that makes me happy. I have a run of winning roll up the rim to win cups from Tim Hortons. I have won 8 free cups of coffee. It just feels good.

Now if I can get 6 more "win a doughnut", I can get a full dozen.
    Solfe