Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394
Results 2,791 to 2,806 of 2806

Thread: Trivial (or not so trivial) stuff that makes you happy.

Floor plan for our new house! Note copyright.

And yes, I know it's got my name in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Floor Plan 9_17.pdf  
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I love looking at floor plans! (My grandfather was a housing contractor, my father worked for him before going into property appraisals. Kinda genetic.)

Separate bathrooms ... wise.

Common closet ... really? You know that small, small space just outside your bathroom? Yeah, that's gonna be your closet space.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

When my wife said we should have separate bathrooms, my first thought was "Wait, what? Two master baths? What?" My second thought was "Oh! We've been living that way for years, in both houses." She had the larger bath in the hall and I had the small en-suite. So it made sense.
    In our former primary house that we sold last year, we did have two closets, because they were small and I used the one in the office. In the current house, we just have one and are getting along fine. The new one will be at least 50% larger. Since I retired, I really don't need that many clothes. I don't even own a necktie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    ....The best part is that, about two years ago, someone told me she thought my pattern collection indicated hoarding tendencies. It's true that I do have several hundred patterns, and they're not quite as neatly organized as I would like. On the other hand, I've had the pattern I'm making that skirt from for probably more than fifteen years now. It's been out of print for maybe ten.
    You're not hoarding, you're curating.

My mom had bunches of sewing patterns. I was always amazed how something that looked like the folded tab clothing for a giant paper doll could end up as a shirt on my back.

Another out-of-print pattern plus two yards of corduroy bought at Goodwill is going to be a coat and hat for Simon, I decided last night. This pattern, I bought before he was born (but while we were in talks) because it was so cute.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

My daughters love buying fabric for future projects. Both were here for Thanksgiving. On the day the second arrived, and we were returning from the airport, they requested I stop at an out-of-the-way fabric shop before continuing home... They each know exactly what they want to make from the materials, even though it may not happen for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Floor plan for our new house!
    I recall my own excitement, and trepidation, when the final plans arrived for a house I had built 21 years ago. Exciting times! Are you breaking ground in the spring, or getting straight to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Torsten View Post
    I recall my own excitement, and trepidation, when the final plans arrived for a house I had built 21 years ago. Exciting times! Are you breaking ground in the spring, or getting straight to it?
    Whenever the county septic and permitting people get around to saying ok. Builder says we may be in by the end of next summer.

I am slowing taking in small doses of the internet and it is working so far. Life has been messy lately.
    Solfe, Dominus Maris Pavos.

Part of my brain is going it is none of my business, the other is saying dare I ask.
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Well, my family and I just found out that our offer was accepted on the house we wanted. And our old house has sold too. We should be able to close and move by the end of this year, if all goes well.

We'd be closer to the school my niece and nephew attend, which is currently a 20-25 minute drive. It'll also be closer to several friends who live in that town. It's a great house too, plenty of room for us to sprawl; right now we have 3 adults, 2 kids, and 3 dogs sharing a 3 bedroom/2 bath!
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    Well, my family and I just found out that our offer was accepted on the house we wanted. And our old house has sold too. We should be able to close and move by the end of this year, if all goes well.

We'd be closer to the school my niece and nephew attend, which is currently a 20-25 minute drive. It'll also be closer to several friends who live in that town. It's a great house too, plenty of room for us to sprawl; right now we have 3 adults, 2 kids, and 3 dogs sharing a 3 bedroom/2 bath!
    Nice
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Torsten View Post
    My daughters love buying fabric for future projects. Both were here for Thanksgiving. On the day the second arrived, and we were returning from the airport, they requested I stop at an out-of-the-way fabric shop before continuing home... They each know exactly what they want to make from the materials, even though it may not happen for some time.
    I'll admit I don't always--that two yards was bought because it was cheap and could definitely be something. And the last time I was in California for any length of time, I made my mother take me to an out-of-the-way fabric shop, where I bought several yards of velvet to make, you know, something with--because velvet is, or at the time was (it's been a few years) like $4 a yard there, which is ridiculously cheap.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

One of the people who bugged me when I was a kid just decided to friend me on Facebook so I friended back, bygones be bygone.
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

I spent part of last night eking out little more deck time...just me and a couple of vices. While the day was mostly clear, a few clouds moved in later, so only a few stars were visible here and there. I happened to glance to the north and saw a few clouds lit up as if by the Moon but it was the Northern Lights. Rather than the usual ghostly green-white, these were much more intense. A couple of very short streamers appeared overhead briefly. One of them looked a bit like a comet...or what we wished a comet would look like to the naked eye.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

After a drawn-out battle with nameless bureaucrats, the State of Delaware has conceded that their automated toll equipment screwed-up and I don't have to pay $54 for a $2 toll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa