Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 3440

Thread: Trivial (or not so trivial) stuff that makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Our old house was on a slab. The nice thing about having a crawl space is you can put all the systems -- heat ducts, wiring, water pipes -- down there.
    I grew up in a house with a crawl space. The oil furnace was installed there in a horizontal position. It released space in the living area, but we ran into instances where a repairman refused to enter the tight space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

Looking good, Treb!

Iím twice happy today. I finished my latest shop project and I am now sitting on the deck in my shirt sleeves. Itís still cool but Iím soaking up some sun.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

I remembered to bring in the plant starting stuff from the potting shed before the bad weather started.
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

We have a foundation! And I have today, for the first time, touched something that will always be part of our new house!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foundation3.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	258.4 KB 
ID:	23148Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foundation1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	211.5 KB 
ID:	23147
    Great view!

We have a foundation! And I have today, for the first time, touched something that will always be part of our new house!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foundation3.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	258.4 KB 
ID:	23148Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foundation1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	211.5 KB 
ID:	23147
    Two more posts about this part of your house and we'll have the Foundation Trilogy.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Heid the Ba' View Post
    Great view!
    Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by PetersCreek View Post
    Looking good, Treb!

I’m twice happy today. I finished my latest shop project and I am now sitting on the deck in my shirt sleeves. It’s still cool but I’m soaking up some sun.
    A year from now I'll be sitting in the outdoor room with the fireplace going and not CARE about the weather!

Quote Originally Posted by Heid the Ba' View Post
    Great view!
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    Indeed!
    It's why we're here, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Two more posts about this part of your house and we'll have the Foundation Trilogy.
    Groan!
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

It makes me happy to be back on the Forum!
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

We're happy to have you back!

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Last week while visiting someone at a VA hospital, I met a grandson of one of the original Tuskegee Airmen. The grandson was himself a Navy man who had served on the JFK, the same Carrier as my (now ex) brother in law. A weird little coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    Last week while visiting someone at a VA hospital, I met a grandson of one of the original Tuskegee Airmen. The grandson was himself a Navy man who had served on the JFK, the same Carrier as my (now ex) brother in law. A weird little coincidence.
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    Yes, cool.

One of the cooler experiences I've had was meeting one of the original Tuskegee Airmen, at an airshow in Cleveland many years ago. I also happened to see a TV program about the Tuskegee Airmen shortly after that, and that particular gentleman was one of the people interviewed.

TESS has launched safely so far.
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein

Got the maps for the routes tonight.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

I just talked to our mortgage broker! We meet the realtor Saturday morning. I'm a little concerned about what we're going to qualify for, because Graham is frankly on the low end of people who can afford a house at all, but we're starting the process, anyway.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

Awesome, Gillian! Congratulations in advance on becoming homeowners.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

good new Gillianren, good luck.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

oops duplicate.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

Best of luck Gillianren, I hope it all works out ok.

We've just reached the absolute limit of living in the apartment we currently live in. It's a two-bedroom, and it didn't seem small until Simon was born. With two kids, it feels positively claustrophobic. But yesterday, a friend and I took the little ones to the local children's museum while Simon was in preschool, then went back to her house after. And she and I agreed that, rearranged, the first floor of the house she and her family share with another family would serve our needs. And it's a two-story house. (Which doesn't serve our needs, because I have bad knees and need a single-story house.) Our realtor managed to find a home that my best friend could buy outright for something like $85,000, so I am confident she'll be able to help us find a house that meets our needs.

"You can't erase icing."

Here's hoping for the best!

Spending the afternoon with bare arms putting together the drone. Not really a hard to but together but little things big hands kind of issues.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

The kids let me get enough sleep last night!

"You can't erase icing."

the drone actually took off this afternoon.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

I just discovered that ďThe ExpanseĒ has returned to the SyFy Channel, and that the episodes that Iíve missed are available ďon demandĒ.

Spring seems to have arrived. Temperatures regularly go above 10C! The last snow melted from my yard five days ago, though there is still an accumulation in a shady part of the cul-de-sac that might last another week. I'll be able to do some painting and work on the siding soon.

The ice went out of the river about 10 days ago, and I've already taken the canoe down a stretch of it (with the occasional ice floe present).

The motorcycle is insured for another six months. I have a few trips planned this year.

The thousands of trumpeter swans that were here a few weeks ago seem to have moved on. We had four power failures during their stay because some of them fly into power lines and are so large they short the wires and trip the breakers. So, safety for them and us again!

Trivial (or not so trivial) stuff that makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Torsten View Post
    Spring seems to have arrived.
    Itís a slow onset here. Our yard is essentially snow free but temps are still a bit on the chilly side. I canít wait for deck sitting temps.

The ice went out of the river about 10 days ago, and I've already taken the canoe down a stretch of it (with the occasional ice floe present).
    My local fishing lakes are still icing out but the Nenana Ice Classic came to an end yesterday with a jackpot of US$225,000. Alas, I bought no tickets much less, the winning ticket. I probably wouldnít have picked that date/time, anyway.

The thousands of trumpeter swans that were here a few weeks ago seem to have moved on.
    The local news reported a sign of spring here, the arrival of Sand Hill cranes. Itís quite the sight to see and hear a flock of them overhead. The seagulls have been back for at least a couple of weeks, which The Wife looks forward to every year. She likes the sound of them. Weíll get plenty of that in June when we make our annual trip to Homer for a couple of days.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. ó Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

I took the kids to a park today. I think I got a sunburn! (That part, not so happy.) I'm thinking Wednesday's going to be our roaming day--Simon has it off from preschool.

"You can't erase icing."

We seem to have gone directly from winter to summer. Last Sunday, there were a few snowflakes in the air and the morning temperatures flirted with 0C. Yesterday, the high was about 28C (82F).

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    We seem to have gone directly from winter to summer. Last Sunday, there were a few snowflakes in the air and the morning temperatures flirted with 0C. Yesterday, the high was about 28C (82F).
    I get kind of muggy here last night first time I had to get the air conditioner started.
    Don't Panic THGTTG