Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 3,421 to 3,434 of 3434

Thread: Trivial (or not so trivial) stuff that makes you happy.

I remember (now, this is really long ago!) going to two different schools for first grade even though we didn't move.

My parents explained it to me years later. They got me into kindergarten when I was just four years old, and when I finished that, I was still too young for the first grade at the parochial school. So, I had to attend the public school's first grade until I was old enough to qualify, whereupon I got transferred.

Due to overcrowding, that public school had split-shift kindergartens. After half a year of reporting in the afternoon, I had to get used to getting up early! Mean thing to do to a four-year-old, in my opinion.

My elementary school was my grandfathers 1-12 school. I had some of the same teachers my mother had (they were getting close to retirement by the time I was there). One of the said I was one of the best science students in a long time there. I don't know if he was referring to my mother graduated valor victorian about a quarter of a century earlier.
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Seven days from right this moment I will be undergoing a colonoscopy. The procedure is nothing, but oh, the prep!

ETA: Trivial things that annoy me -- I put this in the wrong darn thread.
    Last edited by Trebuchet; 2018-May-14 at 07:36 PM.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Seven days from right this moment I will be undergoing a colonoscopy. The procedure is nothing, but oh, the prep!

ETA: Trivial things that annoy me -- I put this in the wrong darn thread.
    My body decided to the prep without the need of a colonoscopy.
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein

Except for needing a slightly stronger prescription my exam went well. Just had to turn off and on the cell p=hone to get ti to work proper;y.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

The river level is on its way down. A week ago, the forecasts for snowmelt suggested we'd have flooding here again by yesterday. So I did some preparation of the crawl space under the house, and left town for a few days because there's nothing but pain in waiting, and I was itching to go for a good ride. When I got back, I checked the forecast again and learned that it had been radically revised downward. Relief!

Others in this province and country have not been as fortunate.

That the royal wedding will be broadcast in the early morning when I will be fast asleep.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    That the royal wedding will be broadcast in the early morning when I will be fast asleep.
    I'll have to get up early when I don't have to, just so that I can consciously not watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by DonM435 View Post
    I'll have to get up early when I don't have to, just so that I can consciously not watch it.
    That reminds me of The Not Reading Ayn Rand Book Club: https://forum.cosmoquest.org/showthr...Am-Not-Reading

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    Have you no VCR?

We have a hard drive hooked up to to one the receivers but I have no plans on viewing it,
    Don't Panic THGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Have you no VCR?
    Yeah. They took the trouble to schedule it for *Flashing 12:00* so their fans wouldn't have to do any tricky programming.

I almost posted that as "Have you no Betamax?" but figured I'd be seriously dating myself.

Meanwhile, a couple of minutes ago there was a big crash from the direction of the laundry room. I went running out there and discovered the recycling bin had fallen off, dumping cans and plastic bottles all over the place. I'm glad there was no glass in it.

Root cause: Bin sits on the dryer, obstructing the controls. I moved it into an unstable position to do the controls, failed to move it back, started the machine, and it vibrated off.

Heavy rain early this morning. Should help cool off the forest fire that burned up ~100 ha 19 km from my home yesterday. After last year, it's just too soon to be thinking of another fire season.