Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 3,511 to 3,526 of 3526

Thread: Trivial (or not so trivial) stuff that makes you happy.

Maybe not trivial, but happy. Sunny Sunday - first good day in ages.

Deck guy is coming over to do the sealing (sort of a fibreglassing over the deck).

Then I can get on with selling this Albatross of a house off my neck, and get on with my life.

Now need to figure out where I'll be living ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noway2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	23403  
    Last edited by pzkpfw; 2018-Jun-17 at 02:09 AM.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Graham likes the shirt Simon picked out for Fathers' Day.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Awwww!
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

My wife keeps posting stuff on Facebook about me being a teacher and not having to set my alarm because school is out for summer. Actually, I hate this time of year because there is no school. Still, it's amusing because she thinks she understands.

My son got a job as a lifeguard at a summer camp. He has 5 pairs of red swim trunks with the word "lifeguard" all over them. We went of a water park today and he realized he didn't have a pair of "civilian trunks", so I bought him one more pair, with rubber ducks on them. That made him happy.

On an odd note, I gave him a real life training moment. I went into the wave pool and realized I couldn't swim with a busted rib* in the swells. I can hold my breath or swim but not both. He manhandled me out of there, but he was dismayed that I didn't look panicked or anything. Sometimes that happens when people get in trouble.

My wife and other kids were right there and thought we were horsing around. I'll let them continue to think that, but no more wave pools for a while.

*Judging by all the pops and cracks I hear on a daily basis, I am convinced that it is more than one rib. Maybe six, definitely one on each side of my chest. The x-ray only showed one, but that was a GP eyeballing things. I hope the radiologist can clear this up for me. I go back tomorrow for a follow up and hopefully the radiologist will have a report in by then. It's been a week.
    Solfe

I had a great Fathers' Day with my family-- church, barbecue with buttered corn and grilled steaks, swimming at the beach with my brothers and finding some cool shells, visiting our friends down the street and swimming in their pool, dinner with the family, and then walking in town with my Dad to watch the sunset.

The rash Irene has is not a case of chicken pox acquired despite vaccination. I'm not thrilled that she has hand-foot-and-mouth disease, but at least her rash doesn't itch!

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

Oh, I'm sorry your baby is sick Miss Gillian.

That always sucks.
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)

Houston Transtar runs a website that shows traffic conditions around Houston. The map features icons for things like incidents, stalls, construction, high water pinpointing where something is happening that affects traffic. They just added one that "clouds" a larger area for "Roadway Flooding Risk."

Harvey.

(I'm not sure that "happy" is the right descriptor. It's good they did this, but it kinda bugs me that they found it necessary.)
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by BigDon View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry your baby is sick Miss Gillian.

That always sucks.
    She's actually being relatively placid. I think she's more annoyed about the heat than the illness, though Simon came home with a sick headache last night. Still, he went and took a nap without being pressured, and he even let his dad get to sleep last night without too much trouble despite waking up just as his dad went to sleep. Simon's headache was probably dehydration; I'll be keeping an eye on his fluid intake today--since he'll be home for me to do it.

"You can't erase icing."

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    The rash Irene has is not a case of chicken pox acquired despite vaccination. I'm not thrilled that she has hand-foot-and-mouth disease, but at least her rash doesn't itch!
    Oh dear! I hope it's not too bad. The good news is she will be immune to that strain. The bed news is there are multiple strains.

The sores on her feet are not great for her; from the way she was holding them yesterday, it's clear her feet hurt. And I think she had a headache. (She's mostly preverbal, though I think this week she's said "caa" and "popska" for "cat" and "popsicle.") But I called the doctor, and she's allowed to have a teaspoon of liquid ibuprofen if she seems to need it. Also, the test results are in, and it's definitely not strep. Simon felt lousy again yesterday morning, and last night, I noticed some red spots on the soles of his feet, but he's old enough to be likely resistant to the disease. I suspect he'd just handling our first heat wave of the summer badly. It's cooler today, and he seems fine now.

I have also started the process of a serious clean-and-sort of the apartment. I sorted the heap of shoes by our front door into "keep," "toss," "winter" (which goes in a box, as ideally we'll have moved by then), "put aside for Irene," and "yard sale." And a box of single shoes; if we don't find the mates as we clean, those get tossed before we move. Tomorrow, I move five feet and seriously clean the next patch, putting everything away, throwing out any trash that's piled up, and vacuuming. Repeat. I was supposed to have a yard sale this weekend at my best friend's house, but the new plan is that neither of us are ready and we should trade off helping each other sort.

Yesterday, my faire boss messaged me to ask why our web provider had taken money out of his bank account. I went to check, and it turns out it was because it's time for them to charge us for the year. Which is reasonable of them, he admitted. The good news, though, was that there were enough orders on the page--which has not been picking up the way I'd like--to pay for itself. It's more sales than we've gotten in a month. Total.

"You can't erase icing."

Quote Originally Posted by The Backroad Astronomer View Post
    An old friend is going to be on the eat coast for a couple of weeks. This week he is coming in because his niece is graduating high school and next week he is going to Nova Scotia. Never seem to be able to meet up with him.
    Eta: when he comes out east he is usually doing a speaking tour for MADD or I have got to town to meet him and don;t have access to the car.
    Actually set a time to see him tomorrow after I finish unloading the the truck hopefully it more than a Hi, Bye kind of thing.
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

I wired the money for our home purchase yesterday, and the money went to the intended account, not that of a “Nigerian Prince”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

If you see that Nigerian prince, remind him that he owes me 66.7 million dollars for doing nothing.

Today the auction company only showed only showed up with one truck, so a lot less to unload. Got off with plenty of time to met with a friend at a cafe but time gotta away with him. But at least a got a couple of good drinks and able to take a couple of pictures.
    https://twitter.com/BackroadAstro/st...58233997570049
    https://twitter.com/BackroadAstro/st...57387448659968
    the far shore is Maine. In MASH Hawkeye said him and his father fished in the St. Croix.
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Maybe not so much happy as slap silly giggling.

It was time to finally retire my old car - 18 years, 126,000 miles, single owner, well-maintained but enough work needed to far exceed its value - whatever that value might be. Having never tried CarMax before I gave it shot. And lo they offered about $800 more than i ever expected, even in private party sales! Shocked as much as happy. And saved me a load of hassle in trying to sell the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro