Thread: Rocket Fail Video Shows Human And Technological Risk With Each Launch

Rocket Fail Video Shows Human And Technological Risk With Each Launch

What you see above is 32 minutes of something going wrong during each launch. While humanity has been launching sending into space since the 1950s, you can see just how hard it is — over and over again. And when humans are riding aboard the rockets, the toll becomes more tragic. (...)Read the rest of […]

More...

Best video ever.

I wish he hadn't included Challenger in that. And then there was the Long March Intelsat 708 failure, which may have killed as many as 500 people. Ugh.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I wish he hadn't included Challenger in that. And then there was the Long March Intelsat 708 failure, which may have killed as many as 500 people. Ugh.
    I think it's important to the idea of the video. But; they didn't have to spend all that time on it. It's nearly 10% of the video.

I wish it came with captions that showed what the vehicles were.
    So many times I see things like this that are "cool", but with no other context.

And yet another video showing the dangers of rocket launches to the people below. This one from China.

https://spaceflight101.com/chinese-v...ster-on-video/

Chinese villagers captured remarkable footage just after sunrise on Friday showing a Long March 3B rocket booster falling out of the sky, crashing into a mountain and exploding into flames while releasing highly toxic propellants left in its tanks after helping send a pair of Beidou-3 navigation satellites on their way into orbit.