Thread: Found something on Mercury

Found something on Mercury

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mercury207122015.png 
Views:	552 
Size:	212.0 KB 
ID:	20760
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mercury207122015.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	20780  
    Last edited by fltazar; 2015-Jul-15 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Added another picture

Nice. Your find circles for the craters or somebody else? If others, it should be document somewhere already.

John, that's not what I said. If you look close to the picture toward the bottom right corner you will see 2 orange markers. That's what I'm talking about. I know what Craters look like. Maybe if I crop the picture and just show the area I'm talking about, you wouldn't be so harsh on me. Don't worry I'm not sensitive.

Okay John I have added a cropped version of the picture I had up. Now you can see the Orange markers and if you follow them to the point you will see white objects that aren't Craters. I don't know what they are. I won't guess.

My first thought was that they are boulders, but the left one has too much length for that. It could be grit on the lens. That could be checked buy looking for the same two spots in the same part of another image. If its not that, I don't know what they are, which means that they must be the remains of an alien landing craft. (Not.)

I think what you found are some cosmic rays that were not removed in the automatic image processing scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by fltazar View Post
    John, that's not what I said. If you look close to the picture toward the bottom right corner you will see 2 orange markers. That's what I'm talking about. I know what Craters look like. Maybe if I crop the picture and just show the area I'm talking about, you wouldn't be so harsh on me. Don't worry I'm not sensitive.
    Sorry, didn't mean to sound harsh. I thought you were refering to the funny white stuff in the first picture. Some one already noted the craters, so they should be documented. Your catch, which is compledtly different, is proably cosmic rays. But someone with better access than you and me will have to check. Good find, regardless,

Hate to disappoint. Those are imaging artifacts.

Thanks for share

Thanks for sharing..........

Well, nobody knows really about the objects in the pictures unless a further study will be conducted by an expert.