Thread: Incorrect Illumination of the Moon and its phases on Verizon LG Smartphones

Incorrect Illumination of the Moon and its phases on Verizon LG Smartphones

When I turn on my Verizon, LG phone, the first display is of the local weather and conditions, showing the temp and day, i.e., the sun or if, night the moon and it current phase. The problem is the moon image is always shown as the exact opposite of what the moon actually is. For example, If I look south from my home (I live in the Northeast U.S.A., The current moon e.g., is half a moon with the western side illuminated. When I start my phone, the moon is displayed, showing a half moon, but the eastern half is illuminated. July 28th 2015.

The incorrect illumination of the moon, in any phase, drives me crazy. This should be a simple software patch for the developers to fix. Any thoughts. Is it me,? I have been trying to see if this problem has been posted before, anywhere, but none of my searches revealed any post.

Another example. I was looking at "Love the Moon? Get this 3-D simulation, with Atlas, Monthly Calendar, Live Wallpaper, Widget" which shows the Waning gibbous for May 28th 2013. The image has the eastern side (left side) illuminated. Shouldn't it be the western side(right side) illuminated? I know what I observe in our night sky. I am just so surprised that they have this wrong.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Is it my perspective?

Thanks,
    He Nalu
    Last edited by He Nalu; 2015-Jul-30 at 12:49 AM.