Thread: Nice little animation to show heliocentricity

Nice little animation to show heliocentricity

You're really not going to like it, the meaning of life the universe and everything is.... is.... 42!
    What??????
    is that all you have to show for 7.5 million years of work?????
    it was a tricky assignment.

"Live Long and Prosper" in memory of Leonard Nimoy
    "I think I'll change my name to Cliff. "Cliff, I can't see anyone lasting in this industry with a name like Cliff" in memory of Terry Pratchett

I've seen that video, and an extended version of it before and I have some serious doubts about it. Just as presented, I'm not sure that is really an accurate representation of the movement of the sun and planets. For example, are the relative speeds of the planets around the sun and the sun through the galaxy correct. I'd like to some real analysis of this.

But what really makes me suspicious is if you look at the longer version of the video and his other videos. He makes a big deal about geometry and interconnections and gets into a lot of spiritual stuff that would be ATM if presented on CQ.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Cheers Swift, I didn't realise that. Must admit I've not looked deeper into his work, Just thought it was a nice visualisation.
    You're really not going to like it, the meaning of life the universe and everything is.... is.... 42!
    What??????
    is that all you have to show for 7.5 million years of work?????
    it was a tricky assignment.

"Live Long and Prosper" in memory of Leonard Nimoy
    "I think I'll change my name to Cliff. "Cliff, I can't see anyone lasting in this industry with a name like Cliff" in memory of Terry Pratchett