Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Whatcha Eatin?

Quote Originally Posted by captain swoop View Post
    Too many salted peanuts and pork scratchings.
    "Scratchings" is a new one on me. Off to Google!

Don't you think she looks tired?

ETA: Just what I thought. "Pork rinds" over here.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Subway.

Once every fortnight, on a Friday, my team gets an employer supplied tray of various things from Subway. Various kinds of sandwich/bun, and some big cookies.

For once I didn't forget (I do a lot of off-site work) and go buy my lunch first.

(
    When I first started with the company, we had "doughnut Monday".

That fell away when someone decided it wasn't healthy. Now we get a daily box of fruit, which is good.

The small things do matter.
    )
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Mom some rice crispy squares with nuts and chocolate melted into them with a brownie base plus a smear a little peanut butter on them,
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by astrotimer View Post
    Mom some rice crispy squares with nuts and chocolate melted into them with a brownie base plus a smear a little peanut butter on them,
    Kind of gilding the lily, isn't it?

I'm eating Walker's Shortbreads and regretting each one. Ought to be a forbidden drug because of their addictive nature. Flour, sugar, and Scottish Butter. How could that possibly be so good?

Pizza...pepperoni, mushrooms, onion, extra cheese, and because I was busy today... tomato basil sauce from a jar.

Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Sausage, bacon, egg and chips. Witha cup of tea of course no more Tetley, Typhoo bags.
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

salmon and past salad for lunch, and lasagna and salad for supper.
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein

A surfeit of Chicken Tikka.
    All Moderation in Purple

A frozen turkey dinner for two today.

Not to worry, however: A real one is thawing in the fridge and we'll be cooking for family on Saturday!

Our turkey is still brining. Later, it’ll do some smoky pole dancing on the Weber.
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Dinner with friends (their place). They're providing turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, cranberry relish, baked corn pudding, dinner rolls, pecan pie. We're taking green bean casserole, deviled eggs, a no-bake pumpkin pie. We'll both be armed with whipped cream.
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.

For Thanksgiving dinner we decided to make...reservations.

And it was good. I'm stuffed.

But I'm making some of the usual dishes on Sunday so we can have leftovers. I'm thawing a turkey breast in the fridge and it gets a brine bath Saturday night. His tablemates include pistachio-crusted sweet potatoes and a sausage and leeks dressing. All cooked on the kamado...

I haven't eaten anything yet, but I hope there are sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie in my near future.
    Solfe, Dominus Maris Pavos.

Went over to Whitby to try out 'The Star Inn The Harbour' a new venture by Andrew Pern, the owner of one of my favourite lunch spots the Michelin-starred pub, The Star Inn at Harome near Helmesley.

I had the Breaded Fillet of Lemon Sole, Buttered Marsh Samphire, North Sea Brown Shrimps, Lemon Pickle Purée and Fries.

As good as I expected.
    All Moderation in Purple

Thanksgiving Dinner a hit. Friends packed us off with lots of leftovers.

Got home, began stashing containers in 'fridge, dropped the jar of homemade giblet gravy she'd included (GLASS)...

Oh well. Have two cans of turkey gravy in the cupboard.

--captain swoop:

Buttered Marsh Samphire...Lemon Pickle Purée
    Never heard of either. Will Google.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 2017-Nov-24 at 02:24 AM.
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    A frozen turkey dinner for two today.

Not to worry, however: A real one is thawing in the fridge and we'll be cooking for family on Saturday!
    So you're thawing a real turkey, as opposed to a frozen turkey?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn

Quote Originally Posted by SeanF View Post
    So you're thawing a real turkey, as opposed to a frozen turkey?
    Hmm, and if the one in the fridge is real, what was that we ate yesterday? Enquiring minds probably don't want to know!

Goat cheese (it was on sale) crackers and tomato juice, Might have something later just wondering what is on I think tonight is my sisters office party.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

Goat cheese (it was on sale) crackers...
    Heh! That was part of my dinner last night...a soft goat cheese, a goat gouda, crackers, bison summer sausage, and fig loaf.

I'm guessing the bison enjoyed it less than you did. Probably neutral for the goats.

I’ve been on a fig kick lately. I grew up with them. My maternal grandmother had a couple of fig trees in her yard and she always seemed to have a jar of preserves in the fridge...and several in the pantry.

This morning’s breakfast was steamed eggs (as upthread), toast with haskap jam, and dried Turkish figs poached in white wine. Poaching the figs was a seat-of-the-pants thing I’ve been meaning to try and they were delicious.

After a long nap some cheese, crackers, tomatoes an hummus.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

Some sun chips.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

A couple of pieces of pizza finally. After getting home about 6 hours ago I was so tired a laid while it was cooking and fall asleep I was so tired.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

Some sun chips.
    I had to use Google to find out what these are. To be honest, I was a little disappointed as they were not as "exotic" as I hoped them to be. In my mind I had pictured some exotic dried food snacks created by the Aztecs or Mayans and with a recipe found on stone tablets in Teotihuacan.

My wife and her cousin have been getting ready for Christmas by making cakes. They have just baked about 150 Singapore Pineapple Tarts http://www.tnp.sg/lifestyle/hed-chef...ineapple-tarts and 3 big tins of Sri Lankan Love Cake. Sri Lankan Love cake - http://www.peckishme.com/love-cake-e...ly-sri-lankan/ . She & he are both Singapore born Eurasians and the European side is mainly German. But there is also a Dutch side who were in Sri Lanka (Ceylon) by at least the 1720's.

Yesterday she made about 100 Curry Puffs. The Curry Puffs will be frozen and re-heated when necessary and the Love Cake & Pineapple Tarts are fine for long terms storage in cake tins..
    Last edited by ozduck; Yesterday at 08:57 AM.