Thread: Astronomy Day - May 14

Astronomy Day - May 14

Our astronomy club's biggest event of the year comes up this Saturday at Harper College in Palatine, Illinois. The event starts at 5:30 PM and lasts until about 9:00 PM. The forecast is starting to look like the evening will be clear. A clear afternoon will put myself outside with my H-Alpha solar equipment and my new 21 inch hd-sdi monitor. We are expecting the usual 500+ people and about 50 astronomers from our club and a few other astronomers from clubs nearby. We do this each year in conjunction with Harper College. Several speakers will be there along with an arts and crafts room for children. If any of you are traveling through the Chicago area this coming weekend, you are all invited. There is no charge. Visit our web site and click on "Astronomy Day" for some past photos of previous years and for the programs that are presently scheduled for Saturday. My son takes this week off of his part-time job each year and about 30 of us head over to Moretti's afterward. Many of our club members seem to see shapes of food in all the DSOs, the apple core of M27 and how the shape of pizza reminds a lot of us of spiral galaxies. I always thought that the Swan Nebula looked more like a chicken on a rotisserie.

www.nsaclub.org

LookingSkyward is offline Honored Member
    Forum Welcomer Emeritus
    Very cool, blueshift!