Thread: Solar Eclipse Escape 2017

Exclamation Solar Eclipse Escape 2017

Hi Everyone!

In case you missed it, registration is now open for the Astronomy Cast/Astronomical Society of the Pacific Solar Eclipse Escape 2017! Fraser and Pamela invite you and everyone you know to join them (and us!) in St Louis, Missouri, for 4 exciting days of astronomy, Astronomy Cast, science, and other geekery, culminating in a front-row view of the Total Solar Eclipse from within the Path of Totality!!!! You can get more information (which is being updated as plans become finalized) and register by visiting the #Eclipse2017 Webpage.

Have a question? Ask it here...

Looking to share a room or ride share to St. Louis? Ask about it here.

In short, discuss all aspects of the eclipse in this thread - we would love to hear ideas about programming and other activities that you would like to see as part of the weekend's events - feel free to discuss anything and everything related to the Eclipse Escape here...

Hope to see all of you in St. Louis in just under a year!

Nancy

Traveling from afar

Hi Nancy!
    This is the event I am dreaming of since the total eclipse of 2006, which I intercepted in Turkey. I'm going to arrive to the US with my family (2 adults, 2 kids of 13 & 9) at the beginning of that week, and then travel to St Louis.
    I would like to ask if it's going to be a problem if we choose to stay in a different hotel? Will all of the activities be in or nearby the hotel?

Thanks,
    Yoav Landsman

Quote Originally Posted by nancygraz View Post
    Hi Everyone!

In case you missed it, registration is now open for the Astronomy Cast/Astronomical Society of the Pacific Solar Eclipse Escape 2017! Fraser and Pamela invite you and everyone you know to join them (and us!) in St Louis, Missouri, for 4 exciting days of astronomy, Astronomy Cast, science, and other geekery, culminating in a front-row view of the Total Solar Eclipse from within the Path of Totality!!!! You can get more information (which is being updated as plans become finalized) and register by visiting the #Eclipse2017 Webpage.

Have a question? Ask it here...

Looking to share a room or ride share to St. Louis? Ask about it here.

In short, discuss all aspects of the eclipse in this thread - we would love to hear ideas about programming and other activities that you would like to see as part of the weekend's events - feel free to discuss anything and everything related to the Eclipse Escape here...

Hope to see all of you in St. Louis in just under a year!

Nancy

Hi Yoav,

I am SO excited that you are coming over for this!!!! Can't wait to meet you and the family!

The events are going to be at or near the hotel, but it is absolutely no problem if you stay at another hotel. And of course, you are going to want to be sure to be at the Moonrise early enough on the 21st to make sure you catch the bus...

-=/\/=-
    Last edited by nancygraz; 2016-Aug-28 at 01:26 PM.