Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does this Planet X never end now

I don't want to be found.
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bruno View Post
    Hi guys thanks for the info
    I was reading this link below with YouTube videos about sept 23 2017 and a Jupiter event or something it is gibberish to me can someone please let me know there thoughts about the data and if it is possible

Thanks

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age3317645/pg1
    Is what possible? It's mostly one guy's personal interpretation of vague Biblical texts and he's trying (and mostly succeeding) at forcing his interpretation on everyone else, along with some bad astronomy. As this is not a forum for discussing the religious aspects, let's stick to the astronomy aspects. I keep getting comments on my videos telling me to look at the "never before in 7000 years" event of these planets, the moon, and the sun, being in these two constellations, but the fact of the matter is that there's nothing that rare about it. Here are a couple of recent prior instances of these planets, the sun, and moon being present in Virgo and/or Virgo+Leo:
    http://h.dropcanvas.com/z5dew/Screen...110-170025.png
    http://h.dropcanvas.com/z5dew/Screen...110-171822.png

Quote Originally Posted by NGCHunter View Post
    Thanks! Here's my channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/messierhunter
    As you can see, I've still been actively combating Nibiru claims lately, and it has made a number of other channels quite unhappy with me.
    So, just an update, I did a debate with Nibiru Planet X 2016 last week. I think I was quite civil and I think I did a decent job debating his Nibiru claims. In fact, I exposed image theft in his most recent Nibiru video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO3_wKa8JTo
    Unfortunately, his response to this debate has been less than civil. In fact he is now actively collaborating with a Nibiru believer who was extremely upset by things I said in that debate, Chris Potter. Together they are trying to track me down, confront me, and get me fired from my job.

Potter has been communicating with a physicist in South Africa who has been feeding him false information that he has been showing. In the debate she was briefly discussed and as I said in the debate, she was either not a real physicist, or if she is, she is feeding him completely false information. At the time I didn't know who she was, but now I have received leaked communications between her, Potter, and other Nibiru channels like WSO. In fact I emailed her myself last night, and her reply continues to defend her false information relating to the regular SDO eclipse seasons. She is pushing the notion that it cannot be the earth passing in front of the sun from SDO's perspective, and she does so using basic and false assumptions about the orbit of SDO that any first year grad student in physics should be able to dispel. I mentioned these facts in the debate and this has so enraged these people that they are trying to do everything they can to silence me now.

It is seriously over the line, though I am a bit skeptical youtube will really take any action to remove the threatening videos or the channels that are pumping them out. Here is a sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX0-V5uCUM8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYBehCRn8Mg

I have reported these videos to youtube, and based on these videos and some private communication that was sent from them to friends on mine, I will probably be going to the police as well. I've done so in the past based on threats that were sent via text to friends of mine referencing harm that would be done to me, but the police simply say they will not even file a report until they physically show up at my door, which isn't much help. I guess it was a mistake to debate Nibiru channel, not because of any evidence he presented, but simply because it has acted as a catalyst to enrage these people to the point that they are openly calling for my death in comments on my channel. I think maybe the Bad Astronomer himself should do a new article on the state of the Nibiru community; even though their 2012 prophecy has failed, they're just as determined as ever. If anything, their failed predictions have shortened their fuses.

*Forgot to mention, though it almost goes without saying: the above videos attacking me are riddled with foul language and rude behavior, fair warning.
    Last edited by NGCHunter; 2017-Feb-28 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Disclaimer of foul language

"....that was Greenwich mean time, wasn't it? Well, never mind,lads. Same time tomorrow."

From the Secret Policeman's Ball " The End of Times prophet sketch "

<snip>
    I have reported these videos to youtube, and based on these videos and some private communication that was sent from them to friends on mine, I will probably be going to the police as well. I've done so in the past based on threats that were sent via text to friends of mine referencing harm that would be done to me, but the police simply say they will not even file a report until they physically show up at my door, which isn't much help. I guess it was a mistake to debate Nibiru channel, not because of any evidence he presented, but simply because it has acted as a catalyst to enrage these people to the point that they are openly calling for my death in comments on my channel. I think maybe the Bad Astronomer himself should do a new article on the state of the Nibiru community; even though their 2012 prophecy has failed, they're just as determined as ever. If anything, their failed predictions have shortened their fuses.
    Eeek! (I've not watched the videos at work... I'll save it for home)
    Please be careful NGCHunter; debating this crazies is not worth it.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I could only endure a portion of each video. I agree with Swift, be careful NGCHunter. Listening to these people, the words "deranged" and "unhinged" come to mind. Yikes.

Looks like I'm going to be sued for proving a South African physicist wrong about Nibiru/Planet X. She was using her credentials as a physicist to stoke the radicalization of the group I spoke of earlier, to the point that I was receiving death threats. Now she's apparently going to sue me for defamation and allegedly getting her fired from her university.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozhDW9Nd5fY
    My videos exposing the earth as the true source of the SDO eclipse season was the truth, but she claims it was an outright lie (and therefore defamation). If this does go to court we might have a situation where we're debating the truth of the matter of Nibiru in a court setting. Could get interesting.

Looks like I'm going to be sued for proving a South African physicist wrong about Nibiru/Planet X. She was using her credentials as a physicist to stoke the radicalization of the group I spoke of earlier, to the point that I was receiving death threats. Now she's apparently going to sue me for defamation and allegedly getting her fired from her university.
    My videos exposing the earth as the true source of the SDO eclipse season was the truth, but she claims it was an outright lie (and therefore defamation). If this does go to court we might have a situation where we're debating the truth of the matter of Nibiru in a court setting. Could get interesting.
    Holy cake.

I guess not, now I am getting curious about what is going on. Good luck Ngchunter.
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein

But are the facts behind her.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by astrotimer View Post
    But are the facts behind her.
    Not sure what you're referring to exactly. Certainly the facts regarding the SDO eclipse season are not behind her, but the legal facts might give her enough wiggle room to make that irrelevant. I live in the state of Florida, and this is one of a few states where truth alone is not a complete defense against a defamation lawsuit according to the state constitution. In other words, according to Florida law, you can tell the complete truth and nothing but the truth and still be considered to have defamed someone if your motives were "bad." Obviously that makes the case murkier. If all I had to do was prove I told the truth I don't think she'd have a legal leg to stand on, but in talking to a lawyer it sounds like I might have a tougher time defending myself in this state. The Noonan v Staples case would be a similar example of defamation due to "ill will" alone, even though the statement was true.
    http://www.niemanlab.org/2009/02/the...on-in-decades/
    Ultimately this case was sent back to a jury over the issue of defamation and the jury found that it did not qualify as "actual malice," but this doesn't change the fact that we have here an example of a case where truth was determined by an appeals court to not constitute a complete defense.
    http://www.dmlp.org/blog/2009/case-u...dict-defendant
    That is what concerns me.

I was referring to the voice on the video kept going on about how he and others were behind her, that does not matter in science only the facts matter.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by astrotimer View Post
    I was referring to the voice on the video kept going on about how he and others were behind her, that does not matter in science only the facts matter.
    Ah gotcha, very true. I just wish it were as clear cut in matters of law. Sadly it does not appear so. I always thought defamation required the defamatory statement to be false, but it looks like that's not always the case. I've never had to prove my "motive" when presenting scientific findings, but now suddenly I have to.

If she was teaching that nibiru and its effects were true in her class or to her students outside of class that could possibly hurt their potential careers, plus her saying she is from X university of from x region could hurt the reputation of that university or other universities in the area. Sending an e-mail showing what the professor was up to is good thing because it notifies the university of how she could damage them.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

You have recordings of her on the youtube channel saying the things she thinks about nibiru so it is not like they saying making it up about her but I am no expert on the law.
    Don't Panic THGTTG

I'm very sorry you are going through this NGCHunter. I wish I had something useful to say or do. If you start a defense fund, please let me know.

Just picked up on your dilemma NGCHunter and wish to give you all the good vibes I can send you way. This kind of legal warfare by the unscrupulous fringe constantly makes me wonder if their lawyers really are just scavengers and their clients beyond redemption.
    Just because you're a genius doesn't make you a smart guy

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    I'm very sorry you are going through this NGCHunter. I wish I had something useful to say or do. If you start a defense fund, please let me know.
    Thanks, will do. When I get a breather I plan to talk to another lawyer and seek advice about whether now would be a good time to start such a fund. In doing some internet reading it looks like I'm going to have very little time to file an initial response in writing to a defamation suit if I'm served with papers, so I'll probably already need to have that ball rolling.

I'm not a lawyer but my understanding is that it is much more difficult to prove libel or slander with a personal email, which is what I understand is at stake here. Stating something in a public forum that hurts another person's reputation is one thing, but if you send an email to somebody's supervisor, it's really up to the supervisor to decide whether there is merit or not, and so at the very least a significant part of the responsibility for any damage to the person's career would lie there.

Plus, I don't know enough about what specifically was said in the email, but if you only said that she had weird beliefs and she actually does, then I'm not sure why it would be libelous. The one problem I think is if you wrote in the email that she threatened you but it was actually somebody else who threatened you, and you can't back it up with evidence. But even there, I think that the chancellor of the university should have written back to you and asked for evidence if that is what happened. Apparently there was an "investigation" that led to his/her dismissal, so I assume the the results of that investigation would be part of the evidence, and obviously whatever they found was not good for the physicist. I know that they sound pretty serious but I wonder if they'd really go to the trouble of making a lawsuit that seems pretty hard to win. Maybe they just see it as a way to publicize their beliefs.
    As above, so below

Thanks, will do. When I get a breather I plan to talk to another lawyer and seek advice about whether now would be a good time to start such a fund. In doing some internet reading it looks like I'm going to have very little time to file an initial response in writing to a defamation suit if I'm served with papers, so I'll probably already need to have that ball rolling.
    I am sorry you are going through this, but I am also quite sure you have nothing to worry about. I believe they are just posturing and trying to make you fret, which unfortunately seems to have worked. If any of this actually went to court, the media would have a field day with the frivolity of such a suit. The fact of the matter is, even the sensationalized media has a responsibility to tell the truth when the outcome of supporting this Planet X nonsense would be criminal incitement, and slander of our scientific institutions themselves. I seriously doubt any court would even consider pursuing such nonsense, as the courts wouldn't want to be associated with such blatant ignorance.
    Last edited by monkeyboysdontknow; 2017-May-20 at 07:56 AM. Reason: punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboysdontknow View Post
    I am sorry you are going through this, but I am also quite sure you have nothing to worry about.
    I generally agree and would like to fully agree, but without knowing the contents of the email that's a bit of a guess, isn't it.
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    I generally agree and would like to fully agree, but without knowing the contents of the email that's a bit of a guess, isn't it.
    A bit. But it IS unreasonable to think that an e-mail, by itself, would cause someone to get fired from a University, unless said e-mail contained verifiable evidence that showed just cause to terminate the career of the individual. Without that evidence, the University would be acting irrationally unless they performed their own investigation and found their own just cause, which is the most likely scenario. I would not be surprised if the e-mail actually had little impact on a decision that was already well underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    The one problem I think is if you wrote in the email that she threatened you but it was actually somebody else who threatened you, and you can't back it up with evidence. But even there, I think that the chancellor of the university should have written back to you and asked for evidence if that is what happened. Apparently there was an "investigation" that led to his/her dismissal, so I assume the the results of that investigation would be part of the evidence, and obviously whatever they found was not good for the physicist. I know that they sound pretty serious but I wonder if they'd really go to the trouble of making a lawsuit that seems pretty hard to win. Maybe they just see it as a way to publicize their beliefs.
    I did state in the email that the people she has been associating with on YouTube have been making threats against myself and others, and I have multiple recordings of these threats, but I never suggested she was responsible for making any of those threats, only that her "papers" were being used by this group to support their belief that brown dwarfs are flying around the inner solar system. My concern stemmed from the increasing radicalization of this group which her papers were contributing to by supporting this group's beliefs, but I never asked nor called for her to be fired.

And now it turns out that she was not fired or even disciplined. Nibiru News lied in claiming she had been fired, and in an email she read aloud during a webcast on Nibiru News this morning, the leadership at her university concluded their investigation and took no disciplinary action, but affirmed that anything she presents on the subject must go through proper peer review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqMereY7pq0

The story has changed from "they fired her because of his email" to "they took no action because of his email." In an email they also sent to me, they essentially state that she is free to believe whatever she wants provided she does not teach it to her students. They may take action because of her responses though; she claims to have replied to this decision by telling them that they may as well start disciplinary action against her since she will tell her students the "truth" if they ask her about this matter. I assume she means she will tell them she believes there is a brown dwarf near the sun if they ask her about her recent absence and the investigation. As far as I am concerned, that is her decision and she has no legal case to bring against me if she chooses to resign or go against her supervisor's directive to not teach this pseudoscience to her students.

She seems to be making statements in this morning's webcast to set up a narrative that a hostile work environment has now been created for her, but again I do not see how I can be held liable for that. In terms of legal liability, I do wonder about the legality of Nibiru News soliciting donations to what basically amounted to a "legal defense fund" to sue me when it turns out that the basis for that lawsuit was a lie. I'm just glad I don't have to be in his shoes right now, explaining to his listeners why he took their money to retain a lawyer to sue me for getting her fired when it turns out that she was never actually fired over my email.

[QUOTE=NGCHunter;
    And now it turns out that she was not fired or even disciplined. Nibiru News lied in claiming she had been fired, and in an email she read aloud during a webcast on Nibiru News this morning, the leadership at her university concluded their investigation and took no disciplinary action, but affirmed that anything she presents on the subject must go through proper peer review.
    [/QUOTE]

Hmmmm...kinda like I suspected...(pats self on back with sheepish grin) At least you don't have to worry about getting counsel, now. And it is also no surprise (at least to anyone here) that Nibiru News is the one that is probably on the wrong side of the law.

Man, how did I mess up the truncated quote? Oh, well - obviously, I'M ignorant about many things, too.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboysdontknow View Post
    Man, how did I mess up the truncated quote? Oh, well - obviously, I'M ignorant about many things, too.
    It is easily fixed if you care. You accidentally deleted the close-square-bracket after "NGCHunter;"

There is no foul for editing a post for such a problem.

I did state in the email that the people she has been associating with on YouTube have been making threats against myself and others, and I have multiple recordings of these threats, but I never suggested she was responsible for making any of those threats, only that her "papers" were being used by this group to support their belief that brown dwarfs are flying around the inner solar system. My concern stemmed from the increasing radicalization of this group which her papers were contributing to by supporting this group's beliefs, but I never asked nor called for her to be fired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqMereY7pq0

The story has changed from "they fired her because of his email" to "they took no action because of his email." In an email they also sent to me, they essentially state that she is free to believe whatever she wants provided she does not teach it to her students. They may take action because of her responses though; she claims to have replied to this decision by telling them that they may as well start disciplinary action against her since she will tell her students the "truth" if they ask her about this matter. I assume she means she will tell them she believes there is a brown dwarf near the sun if they ask her about her recent absence and the investigation. As far as I am concerned, that is her decision and she has no legal case to bring against me if she chooses to resign or go against her supervisor's directive to not teach this pseudoscience to her students.

She seems to be making statements in this morning's webcast to set up a narrative that a hostile work environment has now been created for her, but again I do not see how I can be held liable for that. In terms of legal liability, I do wonder about the legality of Nibiru News soliciting donations to what basically amounted to a "legal defense fund" to sue me when it turns out that the basis for that lawsuit was a lie. I'm just glad I don't have to be in his shoes right now, explaining to his listeners why he took their money to retain a lawyer to sue me for getting her fired when it turns out that she was never actually fired over my email.
    Sure, US law is not my metier, but don't you have grounds to claim for baseless/mendacious/intentional false claims? (dunno the exact legal term)

Just an interesting little update; Dr. Albers is scheduled to give an oral presentation tomorrow at the SAIP2017 conference in Stellenbosch University near Cape Town titled "The Solar Dynamics Observatory eclipse season is not consistent with what is to be expected from an eclipse"
    http://events.saip.org.za/contributi...d=16&confId=91

This relates to her claims over the last few months that the regular "SDO eclipse season" is due to Nibiru rather than the earth passing in front of the sun from SDO.

She is also scheduled on July 5th for a second talk, this one about brown dwarf objects being present in the solar system, and she seems to be conflating the term brown dwarfs with white dwarfs as well:
    "Brown Dwarfs and Brown Dwarf stars: what is the difference and the observational evidence for the existence and presence of both in the Solar System"
    http://events.saip.org.za/contributi...d=27&confId=91

My understanding is that a cooled white dwarf is termed a black dwarf, but that such objects were purely hypothetical due to the accepted age of the universe being considerably shorter than the length of time required for a white dwarf to cool off. As best I can tell, some of the oldest and coldest white dwarfs found are still hot enough to emit light in the visible part of the spectrum, contrary to the claim that there are cold white dwarfs in our solar system that only emit infrared light.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WD_0346%2B246

I don't think I can recall an instance of a Nibiru-believing scientist presenting at a legitimate scientific conference before. I reached out to Dr. Pesnell at NASA (project scientist for SDO) to seek his comments on the matter and he was quite thankful for the heads-up. If I can get permission I will share his message shortly.

Dr. Pesnell granted me permission to share his email, so here it is:
    "Many thanks for pointing out this article to me. I have spent an email to Dr. Albers requesting her presentation. From the limited information in the paragraph I believe she is comparing the extreme ultraviolet channels with the visible light image and seeing a difference in the timing. As the EUV channels measure the corona and extend from the surface, their coverage is not the same as the visible light channels, the Sun darkens earlier and without a sharp edge. There is also the differential absorption of the EUV radiation by the upper atmosphere of the Earth that changes the way those channels appear in the images. Neither of these effects are present in a visible light image, which has a sharp edge and is weakly absorbed by the Earth's atmosphere.

I was unable to find videos of Dr. Albers actually discussing this issue and its relationship to Nibiru. I was able to find many videos critical of her work, but I cannot speak on what she has actually said.

Again, thanks for pointing this out.

Sincerely,
    Dean Pesnell"

Hopefully Dr. Albers will strike up some communication with Dr. Pesnell and learn for herself that the SDO eclipse season is quite normal and the issues she has raised are quite normal and are not due to any "brown dwarf" in the solar system blocking or affecting the sun's light.