Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season joy!

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    Baboon furnace?

Grant Hutchison
    Maybe word play? In Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, he describes Leo V as sentencing Michael II to be burned in a bath furnace on Christmas morning. The dates seem goofy to me as the Julian Calendar was in use back then and Christmas would have only been a few days earlier, say Dec 12-13. I'm ballparking a bit, but it certainly wasn't any time in October.

I suppose other sources could tell a different story.
    Solfe

I hope everyone had a good day, spent time with family and friends, had some good food and enough leftovers so can enjoy the next few days, and enough gifts to distract you from the cold weather outside (if you live in northern hemisphere). Me for the rest of say am going to watch some whose line and blow up some electronic tanks.
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

I had a nice ham dinner with the family and a chance to read a bit of Gibbon's Rise and Fall... afterwards. It was very nice.
    Solfe

My niece and her new hubby are getting five, probably.
    1. With us on Friday before.
    2. With his father on Sunday. (His parents are divorced)
    3. With his mother yesterday.
    4. With her parents and siblings in Idaho tomorrow.
    5. Back with us next weekend, bringing us our gifts from the Idaho bunch.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

What did the cannibal chef say to his apprentice?

"Season Joy."

The kids had a great time yesterday. I'm going to try again to figure out what's going on with my own family.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Sister in-law still treats me as her brother (and I will continue to treat her as my sister; generous kind woman who always means well), so I was invited along to the Christmas day BBQ along with my Son and Daughter (her Niece and Nephew).

Just in case people talked about it at the event, my Daughter told (forewarned) me about my ex's new boyfriend. (She meant well, probably did the right thing by telling me then). There's quite a story (oh gosh there is) behind that new relationship, but I won't go into that here.

It was a nice event and everyone treated me nicely, but let alone hanging around the ex's family (Mother, Father, etc) for the evening, I had to sit and stew with the new knowledge in my head. My tension headache is back.

So yeah, merry Christmas to me.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.