Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 53

Thread: Retired and Forgotten LEGO mistakes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    below UnderGround Atlanta
    Posts
    3,143

    Retired and Forgotten LEGO mistakes

    Even in the LEGO universe, bad conceptions and corporation greed can take plastic form. Few people remember LEGO Taxi Driver or LEGO Village of the Damned or LEGO Hannibal Lector's Food Truck.
    Just because you're a genius doesn't make you a smart guy

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    45,180
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    45,180
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    45,180
    Though... what I'm really holding out for is the Lego Movie, done as live action (the lego people are played by real people) except for the parts that are real people, and those are played by Lego people.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just a bit above Paradise
    Posts
    4,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Though... what I'm really holding out for is the Lego Movie, done as live action (the lego people are played by real people) except for the parts that are real people, and those are played by Lego people.
    Sounds...awesome!
    So many bugs, so little time.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    45,180
    Quote Originally Posted by ABR. View Post
    Sounds...awesome!
    Oh, you say that about everything.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    below UnderGround Atlanta
    Posts
    3,143
    Who of us owned the infamous LEGO Prison series; LEGO Guantanamo Bay Detention, LEGO Mexican UltraMax, and the very rare LEGO Japanese Internment Camp?
    Just because you're a genius doesn't make you a smart guy

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    45,180
    Quote Originally Posted by DukePaul View Post
    Who of us owned the infamous LEGO Prison series; LEGO Guantanamo Bay Detention, LEGO Mexican UltraMax, and the very rare LEGO Japanese Internment Camp?
    Unfortunately no, but I have been watching Orange is the New Black Brick.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15,123
    Quote Originally Posted by DukePaul View Post
    Who of us owned the infamous LEGO Prison series; LEGO Guantanamo Bay Detention, LEGO Mexican UltraMax, and the very rare LEGO Japanese Internment Camp?
    LEGO Concentration Camp

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    45,180
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    below UnderGround Atlanta
    Posts
    3,143
    Sail the seas and live the life of a whaler on the LEGO Whale Harvesting and Processing Ship. "Load the harpoon gun and sharpen your blubber knives. There be whales here, Captain!"

    Sadly the LEGO Buffalo Hunter was short-lived due to the over hunting of LEGO buffaloes.
    Just because you're a genius doesn't make you a smart guy

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    As the link explains, it was an art piece that the artist got LEGO to make a box for, NOT a real mass-produced set.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    45,180
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Aw, that's not boring, it's a nice demonstration of basic stop-motion and for those of us who like neatness it's very satisfying.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10,294
    Sorry nerds but we were never able to market the LEGO LIGO.

    Not enough round pieces

    Have to talk to Cyntha Plaster Caster.

    Not sold in stores.
    Last edited by publiusr; 2017-Jan-27 at 10:58 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    below UnderGround Atlanta
    Posts
    3,143
    LEGO company made a terrible mistake when it redesigned the exposed reactor vent on the LEGO DeathStar thus allowing the rebel attack to fail and the Empire to destroy Alderaan.
    Just because you're a genius doesn't make you a smart guy

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    8,356
    The LEGO Big Bang set was discontinued because kids kept handling the plutonium pieces without wearing the protective gloves.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,805
    Lego Abattoir didn’t go down well
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Though... what I'm really holding out for is the Lego Movie, done as live action (the lego people are played by real people) except for the parts that are real people, and those are played by Lego people.
    Not Lego but I want to see a Biopic of Tim Burton starring Johnny Depp and Helana Bonham Carter.*

    Helana Bonham Carter would play Tim Burton. Johnny Depp would play Helana Bonham Carter. Tim Burton would have a cameo as Johnny Depp.
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    The beautiful north coast (Ohio)
    Posts
    45,180
    Quote Originally Posted by captain swoop View Post
    Not Lego but I want to see a Biopic of Tim Burton starring Johnny Depp and Helana Bonham Carter.*

    Helana Bonham Carter would play Tim Burton. Johnny Depp would play Helana Bonham Carter. Tim Burton would have a cameo as Johnny Depp.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

    All moderation in purple - The rules

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10,294
    Quote Originally Posted by DukePaul View Post
    LEGO company made a terrible mistake when it redesigned the exposed reactor vent on the LEGO DeathStar thus allowing the rebel attack to fail and the Empire to destroy Alderaan.
    That was the Duplo division

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    8,356
    A Tower of Babel set was planned, but the number of pieces needed was expensive and then the Rosetta Stone people backed out of the deal.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    below UnderGround Atlanta
    Posts
    3,143
    The LEGO Battle of Waterloo was cancelled after France demanded that the life-size figure of Napoleon in the set was c'est trop petit.
    Just because you're a genius doesn't make you a smart guy

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    below UnderGround Atlanta
    Posts
    3,143
    A LEGO recreation of the 9th planet popularly called by the media Niburi was displayed at the National Air and Space Museum but quickly it was removed when near-Earth asteroids and groups of Belt asteroids began to strike the Earth and Moon.
    Just because you're a genius doesn't make you a smart guy

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10,294
    Lego has a new spaceshuttle
    http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/...s-awesome.html

    They cancelled the Lego SLS because the haters kept smashing it. Maybe there's hope https://ideas.lego.com/projects/121171

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    8,356
    The LEGO surgery kit was pulled off the market because a scalpel made of plastic bricks leaves an ugly scar.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    below UnderGround Atlanta
    Posts
    3,143
    Having purchased the entire LEGO production for this year, China began building immense islands in the South China Sea for the purpose of protecting the whales of Chinese descent swimming in the area.
    Just because you're a genius doesn't make you a smart guy

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15,123
    Quote Originally Posted by publiusr View Post
    Lego has a new spaceshuttle
    http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/...s-awesome.html

    They cancelled the Lego SLS because the haters kept smashing it. Maybe there's hope https://ideas.lego.com/projects/121171
    Only 30 dollars for a full shuttle orbiter?!?! Kai want!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    8,356
    My LEGO water heater is a bit leaky. They'll probably pull it off the market soon.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    below UnderGround Atlanta
    Posts
    3,143
    We were lucky that the factory workers didn't know how to arm the device on the LEGO Enola Gay before production was terminated.
    Just because you're a genius doesn't make you a smart guy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •