Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remaining Impartial

Quote Originally Posted by Canis Lupus View Post
    Why would anyone imagine there was such a need - it's so obvious?

Perhaps it was just a type of friendly mothering.
    But that wasn't directed at you alone. if 01101001 said he welcomed responses from "anyone interested in the topic," then it seems to mean (according to your reasoning) that he was calling us all stupid. But I didn't get that impression at all.
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    ... There are occasionally small things that I wish for, for example sometimes I wish the moderators would be a little bit tougher on people asking what I see as ornery questions to people posting in ATM, but in general I wouldn't want to make any big change in areas such as OTB.
    Like most things, it's an equation, almost visual in nature - a dissections of parts, comparing them, making an evaluation to the whole. It's instinctively geometric. Personally, I don't care one way or the other, I just mentioned it as food for thought, rather than a suggestion which I think should be implemented. I was a member here for several years before I even noticed the babbling forum. It's a luxury extra, not a necessity with me.
    Last edited by Canis Lupus; 2017-Mar-13 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    But that wasn't directed at you alone. if 01101001 said he welcomed responses from "anyone interested in the topic," then it seems to mean (according to your reasoning) that he was calling us all stupid. But I didn't get that impression at all.
    Please, let's not get bogged down on it.

It's not much really and generally I enjoy the sometimes provocative, somewhat off-beat, posts of the member. I have my view, the point is yours now to discuss if you like, of course. I know you are intelligent enough, along with any person familiar with the way forums work, to not need any advice to that affect. I just wish to make clear I'm finished on this unimportant point.
    Last edited by Canis Lupus; 2017-Mar-13 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canis Lupus View Post
    I know you are intelligent enough, along with any person familiar with the way forums work, to not need any advice to that affect. I just wish to make clear I'm finished on this unimportant point.
    And I wish to make clear that you must stop with the hardly veiled insults. Really, stop it. If you perceive someone being insulting towards you, report it. Don't respond in kind. As the original question has been answered: thread closed.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice