Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Einstein's constant

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Can you show that, mathematically? Or is it just a guess?
    I know it's going to work because I have a similar ATM theory that I can't refer to here but another mainstream solution if to modify Einstein's Field Equation (MOED, pronounced: MUD).

All you have to do is:
    Code:
    float const kappa = 1.866e-26; // kappa in m/kg
    float const R = 4.4087e26; // radius of the visible universe -- to be adjusted

float foo(float scale)
    {
        return kappa * (1 - scale / R);
    }
    Here, R, will have to be adjusted based on the observation but once it is found then we'll know the real radius of the universe. That's reverse engineering again but well worth the efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by philippeb8 View Post
    Here, R, will have to be adjusted based on the observation but once it is found then we'll know the real radius of the universe. That's reverse engineering again but well worth the efforts.
    CQ is the only gateway there is with important physicists but we all need to work together because a successful theory will have positive economical consequences to everybody.

Thank you all for your time and do not hesitate to PM for further questions because mine was answered in this forum.

Regards,
    philippeb8

CQ is the only gateway there is with important physicists but we all need to work together because a successful theory will have positive economical consequences to everybody.

Thank you all for your time and do not hesitate to PM for further questions because mine was answered in this forum.

Regards,
    philippeb8
    Do you really think institutions such as MIT and Caltech do not have important physicists?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Do you really think institutions such as MIT and Caltech do not have important physicists?
    I meant: important physicists who are able to answer the population can only be found here. MIT, Caltech, The Perimeter Institute or whatever don't answer their emails...

For the record, here's a short and vague explanation of Einstein's constant:
    http://www.preposterousuniverse.com/...nstein-and-pi/

What I am saying is if we were to replace the constant "kappa" with a function "foo(scale)" then ...
    Then we have an ATM idea, not mainstream science, philippeb8. Kappa has a definition. The EFE include kappa, not "foo(scale)". A later post with ATM program code is not a mathematical derivation of EFE containing "foo(scale)". IN fact "scale" imples that you are talking about the FLRW solution of the EFE and so the EFE will never contain it.
    Last edited by Reality Check; 2017-Mar-16 at 09:13 PM.

For the record, here's a short and vague explanation of Einstein's constant:
    http://www.preposterousuniverse.com/...nstein-and-pi/
    Oddly a blog article called Einstein and Pi is a blog abut the appearance of pi in the EFE !

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Then we have an ATM idea, not mainstream science, philippeb8. Kappa has a definition. The EFE include kappa, not "foo(scale)".
    My point is nothing prevents us from refactoring Einstein's constant and base the mainstream on this new equation.

My point is nothing prevents us from refactoring Einstein's constant and base the mainstream on this new equation.
    ... or "extending" Einstein's Field Equation.

Oddly a blog article called Einstein and Pi is a blog abut the appearance of pi in the EFE !
    Yes but they explain Poisson's equation more clearly.

It's a great article, though!

Common sense and science stops us from doing that, philippeb8. GR has to reduce to Newtonian gravitation in the appropriate limit. That is mainstream science. That is where pi comes from. That is where G comes from. Thus we have a definition of Einstein's constant that allows GR to reduce to Newtonian gravitation in the appropriate limit !

Common sense and science stops us from doing that, philippeb8. GR has to reduce to Newtonian gravitation in the appropriate limit. That is mainstream science. That is where pi comes from. That is where G comes from. Thus we have a definition of Einstein's constant that allows GR to reduce to Newtonian gravitation in the appropriate limit !
    Thanks for the explanation Reality Check but I just want to point out I have a mathematics / computer science degree so I know about linear algebra, calculus, advanced statistics and probabilities and I learned on my own vector fields which is what tensors are based on but I still can't understand this simple constant kappa because it doesn't match anything I have learned so far or it is based on the principle: security through obscurity.

If anybody feels like explaining this constant step by step then I would appreciate otherwise nevermind my question.
    Last edited by philippeb8; 2017-Mar-17 at 01:19 AM.

My post was about the common sense and science that we want GR to reduce to Newtonian gravitation. No "linear algebra, calculus, advanced statistics and probabilities", etc. needed. Kappa is simply a constant. It relates the left hand side of the EFE to the right hand side.

The constant was explained to you step by step in the Einstein's constant article.
    Last edited by Reality Check; 2017-Mar-17 at 01:44 AM.

My post was about the common sense and science that we want GR to reduce to Newtonian gravitation. No "linear algebra, calculus, advanced statistics and probabilities", etc. needed. Kappa is simply a constant. It relates the left hand side of the EFE to the right hand side.

The constant was explained to you step by step in the Einstein's constant article.
    Ok so it's just a constant Einstein invented for the solar system and people wonder why GR is not extensible at greater scales. If it is not mathematically valid then this can't be mainstream.

Ok so it's just a constant Einstein invented for the solar system....
    No: Einstein's constant.
    Deep ignorance about GR which has been observed to work at scales bigger then the solar system, e.g. lensing from galaxies billions of light years away reveling even more distant quasars.
    Last edited by Reality Check; 2017-Mar-17 at 03:30 AM.

Ok so it's just a constant Einstein invented for the solar system and people wonder why GR is not extensible at greater scales.
    Where does that say anything about the solar system?

Ok so it's just a constant Einstein invented for the solar system and people wonder why GR is not extensible at greater scales. If it is not mathematically valid then this can't be mainstream.

Okay, that is enough now, you either accept the mainstream explanation for the "Einstein constant" or you take it to ATM.
    All comments made in red are moderator comments. Please, read the rules of the forum here and read the additional rules for ATM, and for conspiracy theories. If you think a post is inappropriate, don't comment on it in thread but report it using the /!\ button in the lower left corner of each message. But most of all, have fun!

Catch me on twitter: @tusenfem
    Catch Rosetta Plasma Consortium on twitter: @Rosetta_RPC

Quote Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post

Okay, that is enough now, you either accept the mainstream explanation for the "Einstein constant" or you take it to ATM.
    Ok I call it quits, thanks again & appreciate.

No: Einstein's constant.
    Deep ignorance about GR which has been observed to work at scales bigger then the solar system, e.g. lensing from galaxies billions of light years away reveling even more distant quasars.
    I know you won't but if you want to discuss it more then PM me... oh that's right you blocked me.

I blocked you because you sent PMs about a very invalid and ignorant ATM idea that had already been debunked in the ATM forum. That was even after I told you that further PMs on that ATM idea would result in you being one of the few people I have blocked !

I blocked you because you sent PMs about a very invalid and ignorant ATM idea that had already been debunked in the ATM forum. That was even after I told you that further PMs on that ATM idea would result in you being one of the few people I have blocked !

re·search
    ˈrēˌsərCH,rəˈsərCH
    noun
    the systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions.

If you can't reach new conclusions, can't stand the heat or silence people then you are not doing any research.

Thank you,
    philippeb8
    Last edited by philippeb8; 2017-Mar-20 at 12:32 AM.

Nothing to do with what I wrote: You sending me PMs about an already debunked ATM idea after I stated that I would put you on my ignore list, forced me to make you one of the 2 people on my ignore list.

closed pending discussion

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice