Thread: A Fresh Image of Comet 41P/Tuttle-Giacobini-Kresak taken 3-21-2017

A Fresh Image of Comet 41P/Tuttle-Giacobini-Kresak taken 3-21-2017

I've been following Comet 41P/ and as many of you know, this little comet encountered M97 and M108 in the bowl of the Big Dipper tonight. It was a pretty trio of beautiful celestial objects.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the CosmoQuest forums, The Sky Guy. Please note that posts by new members are held in queue for moderator approval. This is primarily a spam control measure and will trouble you no more after a short while. If you haven't already done so, please read our rules, linked in my signature line below. And again, welcome.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Incredible pic. Thanks for posting.
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by The Sky Guy View Post
    I've been following Comet 41P/ and as many of you know, this little comet encountered M97 and M108 in the bowl of the Big Dipper tonight. It was a pretty trio of beautiful celestial objects.
    This is absolutely brilliant!