Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Planet XSp.

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
    I see these ideas as conspiracy theories, rather than anything else, because they all make pretty much make the same claim, ie., that the government is lying to everyone....and that, by my definition, is a conspiracy.
    Not really. In CTLandia, there is only one government, the US government. No other nations exists, the US government controls America and the other 95% of the world simply is a myth. No other "gubmints" exist and even if they did, they would simply obey orders. Because.

It's a strange view of the world, but it exists.

I see these ideas as conspiracy theories, rather than anything else, because they all make pretty much make the same claim, ie., that the government is lying to everyone....and that, by my definition, is a conspiracy.
    Plenty of apocalyptics believe in conspiracy theories regarding the hushing up of the coming Antichrist and Tribulation. The difference is that in this narrative, the conspiracy theory is secondary to the religious narrative. Fundamentally, the PX craze is a religious narrative. A wild seer (Nancy Lieder), informed by the teachings of a dead prophet (Zecharaia Sitchin), and the voices of star gods, foretells a time of coming doom. That's why it's been so easy to tie it to the Book of Revelation.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by parallaxicality View Post
    Once you realise that Sitchinism is a religion...
    I simply have not been convinced by recent arguments that this is true.

Or to put it another way... Is belief in ancient alien visitors now classified as a religion on this board?
    The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching. Isaac Asimov

I simply have not been convinced by recent arguments that this is true.

Or to put it another way... Is belief in ancient alien visitors now classified as a religion on this board?
    Your being convinced or not now determines how this board classifies things? I think not.

Anyway, drop this side discussion on religion/sitchin and whatnot, and stay on topic. Or we could simply close the thread since we're well past the prediction date by now.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Armageddon via imaginary planet has been pushed back — yet again — to November

When Sept. 23 passed with no omens or calamities, Meade revised his very numerologically significant date to Oct. 15, which also came and went uneventfully.
    [...]
    Meade isn’t even mentioned in the latest batch of tabloid stories, which quote yet another doomsday theorist to warn that the end of all things not on Sept. 23 or Oct. 15 — but now Nov. 19, when Nibiru is supposed to set off cataclysmic earthquakes.
    Remember how in the olden days Armageddon used to not-arrive once in a decade? In this modern era, its not-arrival comes monthly.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

Culture moves fast now. It was true when I was a kid but the Internet has given it nitrous.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

I suppose some followers will finally go back to their lives after too much Armageddon fatigue, but there are always more people one Google search away from willingly falling into the pit.

Someone ought to make list or something.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Quote Originally Posted by slang View Post
    Someone ought to make list or something.
    The problem is keeping them up to date...

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_o...d_of_the_world

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...alyptic_events

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Honestly, that doesn't surprise me at all. And whether it has lost it's connection to its origin for other people, it might not have lost that connection for Native Americans.
    Then there is "Indian giver" which would translate to false giver. Still used occasionally here in the NW. Having some Indian friends I can tell you they don't like the phrase much.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Hatch View Post
    Then there is "Indian giver" which would translate to false giver. Still used occasionally here in the NW. Having some Indian friends I can tell you they don't like the phrase much.
    More off-topic discussion of language. OK, this thread is done.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules