Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Trek Discovery (potential spoilers)

The f-bomb is something that didn't add anything to the show.
    I think the point of sending discovery is that it is the only ship that can do it, plus it probably be bad if the person overlooking the project is captured and give away all your secrets,
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

A dark, pessimistic vision of the future peppered with kid-unfriendly language? Roddenberry must be churning in his urn.
    Calm down, have some dip. - George Carlin

The difference between Orville and Discovery is that Orville has the upbeat feel of the original Star Trek and some of the story lines are from the Star Trek but can't use the copyrighted stuff from Star Trek. Discovery can use the copyrighted stuff but is off script. I wish whoever wrote this new trek kind of did something like Orville that is just make a whole new franchise out of it. There could be an argument that it took a lot of work to get the era of Kirk but maybe they should of pushed back the dates of discovery to about half way between Enterprise and TOS. There are rumors that there the alternate Star Trek universe will show up I wonder how that will play out.
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Glom is offline Insert awesome title here
    I really want to watch Orville now. Where can it be watched?

fox.com, Hulu, YouTube, Amazon ... https://www.google.com/search?source....0.zPyxjlT-4Dw
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Glom is offline Insert awesome title here
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Not available in the UK. It needs to come soon though to brighten the mood. This Star Trek Discovery is so depressing it's a good thing guns are also unavailable in the UK.