Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turns, Dark Energy, Dark Matter, and Spooky Action at a Distance

Quote Originally Posted by 01101001 View Post
    ZO1) How is this topic intended to be completely different from ATM topics Explanation of Synchronous Geometry and Trigonometry is effective?

ZO2) Why do you call this an "identity"? What is the mathematical definition of "identity"? What makes your funtion an identity?

ZO3) May your function be rewritten as:

ZO4) Is this ASCII equivalence a particular equivalent instance of yours, with lambda=x and constant upsilon=pi/4:
    alpha=arctan(1/(cos(pi/4)*tan(arcsin(sin(x/2)/sin(pi/4)))))
    Quote Originally Posted by steveupson View Post
    I don't know the answer to any of your questions.
    My questions, or everyone's? If just mine, I ask these easier ones:

ZO1a) If you do not know how you intend to make this topic different from your earlier ATM topics, what new hypothesis will you present? Or do you have no new hypothesis?

ZO2a) Do you agree that this is an example of an identity: according to Wikipedia: Identity (mathematics):

In mathematics an identity is an equality relation A = B, such that A and B contain some variables and A and B produce the same value as each other regardless of what values (usually numbers) are substituted for the variables. In other words, A = B is an identity if A and B define the same functions.
    ZO3a) Do you agree that this is an example of an identity: , if you are given the identity ?

ZO4a) Do you agree that another way to write tan-1(x) is arctan(x), and sin-1(x) is arcsin(x)?
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    This line intentionally left blank.

My questions, or everyone's? If just mine, I ask these easier ones:

ZO1a) If you do not know how you intend to make this topic different from your earlier ATM topics, what new hypothesis will you present? Or do you have no new hypothesis?

ZO2a) Do you agree that this is an example of an identity: according to Wikipedia: Identity (mathematics):

ZO3a) Do you agree that this is an example of an identity: , if you are given the identity ?

ZO4a) Do you agree that another way to write tan-1(x) is arctan(x), and sin-1(x) is arcsin(x)?

Could you please slow down a little? I already told you that I didn't know the answers to your last questions. Why don't you try explaining those questions first, before we go any further down this road? What is the significance of these questions to the claims that I am making? Maybe I can give you a satisfactory answer if you give me a hint of what you're getting at, or why you think my theory won't work.

Why are your first 4 questions significant to your understanding of this particular ATM theory?

ZO1) How is this topic intended to be completely different from ATM topics Explanation of Synchronous Geometry and Trigonometry is effective?

ZO2) Why do you call this an "identity"? What is the mathematical definition of "identity"? What makes your funtion an identity?

ZO3) May your function be rewritten as:

ZO4) Is this ASCII equivalence a particular equivalent instance of yours, with lambda=x and constant upsilon=pi/4:
    alpha=arctan(1/(cos(pi/4)*tan(arcsin(sin(x/2)/sin(pi/4)))))

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    And this leads to your claims about frame dragging, dark energy and dark matter via the quantitative predictions and detailed model you are about to present here?
    The model was described in the OP. The OP specifies the treatment of length as a vector quantity and the treatment of direction as a scalar quantity in a synchronous geometry reference frame.

The model was described in the OP. The OP specifies the treatment of length as a vector quantity and the treatment of direction as a scalar quantity in a synchronous geometry reference frame.
    Please provide the proofs I have asked for or retract your claims and select something more achievable to defend.

Please provide the proofs I have asked for or retract your claims and select something more achievable to defend.
    My claim is mathematical. It's either correct or it's incorrect.

Why are your first 4 questions significant to your understanding of this particular ATM theory?
    They are mostly about your mathematics, and that's important because:

Is it correct or incorrect?
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...

They are mostly about your mathematics, and that's important because:

Is it correct or incorrect?
    I believe the math is correct. It's sort of obvious that there are no errors, at least none that you can find.

The validity of the mathematics has nothing at all to do with whether or not I know the answers to your questions. Ad hominem arguments aren't considered valid in science.

ZO5) Do the graphs you provided accurately show the value of at values of , compared to for reference?

ZO6) What are the minimum and maximum values of and of depicted in those graphs?

We seem to have a communication issue here. I thought I was being rather clear. You have an idea that you believe has physical significance. You have made a number of claims for its predictive power relating to frame dragging, dark energy and dark matter. I am asking you to show, in detail, that these claims are justified by showing how your ideas can be used to replicate observations normally taken as evidence for the current theories. If you cannot do this then your claims are false and you should retract them.

So far you have shown no good reason for anyone to bother delving into your ideas. You have presented a series of pieces of mathematics which have not been shown to have any relevance to the physical world. You have made a series of claims you have provided no evidence for. You have repeatedly resorted to "If you REALLY understand my ideas then you will understand why they are right" which is not a scientific stance so much as a belief. You have repeatedly evaded all attempts to ask for more than your assertions as proof. As things stand the quality of scientific method applied in this thread has been below that I'd expect of a high school project. I am asking you, and have been for awhile now, to rectify that and provide us with something scientific we can analyse and test against observations. This is basic scientific methodology. If you cannot do this then your idea is worthless in scientific terms.

So, please, answer my questions. Or retract your claims and present something you can justify and defend.

ZO5) Do the graphs you provided accurately show the value of at values of , compared to for reference?

ZO6) What are the minimum and maximum values of and of depicted in those graphs?
    Yes, the graphs show these curves accurately (Excel).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fig 5.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	22694  

We seem to have a communication issue here. I thought I was being rather clear. You have an idea that you believe has physical significance. You have made a number of claims for its predictive power relating to frame dragging, dark energy and dark matter. I am asking you to show, in detail, that these claims are justified by showing how your ideas can be used to replicate observations normally taken as evidence for the current theories. If you cannot do this then your claims are false and you should retract them.

So far you have shown no good reason for anyone to bother delving into your ideas. You have presented a series of pieces of mathematics which have not been shown to have any relevance to the physical world. You have made a series of claims you have provided no evidence for. You have repeatedly resorted to "If you REALLY understand my ideas then you will understand why they are right" which is not a scientific stance so much as a belief. You have repeatedly evaded all attempts to ask for more than your assertions as proof. As things stand the quality of scientific method applied in this thread has been below that I'd expect of a high school project. I am asking you, and have been for awhile now, to rectify that and provide us with something scientific we can analyse and test against observations. This is basic scientific methodology. If you cannot do this then your idea is worthless in scientific terms.

So, please, answer my questions. Or retract your claims and present something you can justify and defend.
    There is no communication problem. You have made your position very clear. And I have answered your questions. If you'd like to ask anything specific about the math that you don't want to waste precious time on, feel free.

And I have answered your questions.
    That is completely and demonstrably false. In case you needed a reminder the questions I asked were:
    1) Derive the Schiff precession rate for the Gravity Probe B set-up and show that it is consistent with the published measurements (http://einstein.stanford.edu/highlights/status1.html)
    2) Predict the precession rate you'd expect to see around the SMBH at the galactic core
    3) Derive the expected rotation curves for our galaxy and show that it is consistent with measurements
    4) Use the same model as above to account for Dragonfly 44
    5) Derive the distance luminosity relationship for type Ia supernovae and show that this is consistent with observations
    6) Show how your ideas lead to the characteristic structure in the power spectrum of the CMB (the BAO)
    7) Show how your ideas account for the observed elemental abundances in the universe and show that this is consistent with stellar nucleosynthesis.

I also gave you an alternative option:
    Retract your claims and present something you can justify and defend

That is completely and demonstrably false. In case you needed a reminder the questions I asked were:
    1) Derive the Schiff precession rate for the Gravity Probe B set-up and show that it is consistent with the published measurements (http://einstein.stanford.edu/highlights/status1.html)
    2) Predict the precession rate you'd expect to see around the SMBH at the galactic core
    3) Derive the expected rotation curves for our galaxy and show that it is consistent with measurements
    4) Use the same model as above to account for Dragonfly 44
    5) Derive the distance luminosity relationship for type Ia supernovae and show that this is consistent with observations
    6) Show how your ideas lead to the characteristic structure in the power spectrum of the CMB (the BAO)
    7) Show how your ideas account for the observed elemental abundances in the universe and show that this is consistent with stellar nucleosynthesis.

I also gave you an alternative option:
    Retract your claims and present something you can justify and defend
    I don't see a question there.

This thread is a rehash of previous, closed ATM threads. On top of that, evading questions is not acceptable. This thread is closed and the ATM topic may not be posted again.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)