Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Marketing Spin

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedude View Post
    I'm not sure this fits into the "spin" column but wood stud 2x4s are not 2x4s, anymore anyways. I'm sure my fellow lumber handlers here know that that today's 2x4s are really 1.5x3.5s. My old 1910 farm house has the real thing. Not sure when they shrank?
    You could always join the lawsuit:
    https://www.jsonline.com/story/money...ize/405300001/
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

I'm going lo cal, low sugar, and as little dairy as possible. I found a non-dairy creamer that fit the bill. It tasted fine... at first. In the middle of my second cup of coffee with it, I thought to myself: "I wonder what is in this?" It's a can of white powdered nothing, I guess.

I could look at the ingredients, but once I verified that it said "Non-dairy creamer" and not "Titanium White Paint" I figured it was ok.
    Solfe

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    I'm going lo cal, low sugar, and as little dairy as possible. I found a non-dairy creamer that fit the bill. It tasted fine... at first. In the middle of my second cup of coffee with it, I thought to myself: "I wonder what is in this?" It's a can of white powdered nothing, I guess.

I could look at the ingredients, but once I verified that it said "Non-dairy creamer" and not "Titanium White Paint" I figured it was ok.
    you could try coconut oil or MCT oil extracted from coconuts in coffee. We do here, the latter is a ketone food. It's said to be good and it costs enough to be good, more than white paint.
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

There's a home alarm company running TV and radio ads claiming that you can order their system without being placed on hold or having your call directed to "the wrong department." (The horror!)

That's because the ad doesn't give you a phone number to call, just a website to visit.
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa