Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Marketing Spin

I learned to drive on a 1962 Corvair, three speed manual, no sychro on first. It was, however, a bit embarrassing when I tried to use the brake pedal as clutch on a 65 Impala automatic in high school driver's training. I haven't driven a manual in years, but have no doubt I could still do it.

Things that bug me: Spellcheck doesn't recognize "Corvair". I wish I still had mine. '64 Monza, 110 HP, 4-speed. Yellow. Probably my favorite car I've ever had. That and the '79 RX7. Big mistakes letting both of them go.

ETA: I still hate Ralph Nader.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I learned to drive on a 1962 Corvair, three speed manual, no sychro on first. It was, however, a bit embarrassing when I tried to use the brake pedal as clutch on a 65 Impala automatic in high school driver's training. I haven't driven a manual in years, but have no doubt I could still do it.

Things that bug me: Spellcheck doesn't recognize "Corvair". I wish I still had mine. '64 Monza, 110 HP, 4-speed. Yellow. Probably my favorite car I've ever had. That and the '79 RX7. Big mistakes letting both of them go.

ETA: I still hate Ralph Nader.
    The Corvair was certainly an interesting car - I am not saying that in a nasty way - whose handling was apparently no worse than its contemporaries. A survivor would be a fun car. The RX7 looked great and was apparently very responsive - but how many rotary engines would you have gone through on it?

My learner car was my fathers 1961 General-Motors -Holden EK station wagon. Think of a smaller and far less well equipped 1956 Chevrolet wagon. It is sitting in my back shed waiting for me to restore it - I am to embarrassed to admit how many years it has been waiting.

I have a friend (who I havenít seen in a few years) who used to renovate Corvairs, although I think he has moved on to other endeavors.
    When Ralph Nadar was running for president, he wanted a bumper sticker, but was afraid that the associated political party would pester him for the rest of his life.

I thought it would have been worth the risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa