Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by cosmocrazy View Post
    You know, the film was full of ridiculous scenarios/plots and script/dialogue that made you cringe at times. But the nostalgic child in me forgave all that, because its Star Wars! I just accept its a sci-fi fairy tale where the logic and science are thrown out of the window. So I tend to go into the cinema already convinced that I'm going to enjoy the film, regardless.
    Yes. I felt that way for all the others. This one not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC426913 View Post
    Yes. I felt that way for all the others. This one not so much.
    I haven't had any particular expectations of Star Wars since the original movie - I'd have been fine with that remaining a stand-alone. Rogue One has been the only one I've felt engaged by since.
    For me, this one suffered not just from the notorious second-in-a-trilogy effect, but by the fact it was intent on both subverting the narrative of the original trilogy and making nods to it, while also reversing some of the set-ups from Episode VII, and telling a story which involved improvisation and set-backs. The overall effect was that it felt like it was just going nowhere - the characters had to mill around in frustrating and contrived ways, explaining the plot to each other as they went. I wasn't thinking "My, what's going to happen next?" - it was "Dear god, there can't be more!"

Grant Hutchison

The How it Should Have Ended video for TLJ is up.

https://youtu.be/rCB8DUGpYQQ

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
    The How it Should Have Ended video for TLJ is up.

https://youtu.be/rCB8DUGpYQQ

Hokie - just had to jump in to say LOVE the avatar!

"Man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything!"
    Last edited by AGN Fuel; 2018-Feb-13 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Correct quote - note to self, memory like a sieve....

I have to say, I thought this one was the best of the three most recent films. The look on my daughter's face when all of those animals showed up at various point was awesome. So unless you have young kids who happen to like cute CG animals, your mileage will vary.

My wife loves Guardians of the Galaxy for the exact same reason. And she hates everything from comic books.

For some reason I dislike the term "Mary Poppins" but dang does that nail what happened? Man, they could have at least picked a more "organic" angle or something. Nope. Straight side shot, exactly like that big star destroy nosing into the Death Star in Return of the Jedi.

One big flaw for me was, if force users can get inside someone else's head to that level of fidelity, Leia could have guilt tripped Kylo to death.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by AGN Fuel View Post
    Hokie - just had to jump in to say LOVE the avatar!

"Man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything!"
    Damn straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post

One big flaw for me was, if force users can get inside someone else's head to that level of fidelity, Leia could have guilt tripped Kylo to death.
    That would depend on her strength in the force and Kylo's resistance.
    "The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded" Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
    That would depend on her strength in the force and Kylo's resistance.
    "The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded" Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Im not sure it comes down to the force at that point. Having my mom rampage in my head, all day long, with real and significant problems might kill me.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    For some reason I dislike the term "Mary Poppins" but dang does that nail what happened?
    Yes, pretty much. When it happened in the movie, my first thought was "Wow, Leia was Superman! Who knew?".

My second thought was "How did that get past the audience focus groups? That looked really bad."

She tried, but made the mistake of saying "You are in so much trouble when your father gets home, young man!" To which Kylo thought replied "Wait... errr, no, not really."