Thread: if plants has intelligence perhaps that could be researched for AI purposes?

if plants has intelligence perhaps that could be researched for AI purposes?

Good article on plant intelligence:
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...elligent-plant

well it might make a good scifi bases..to build a brain based upon plant intelligence mechanisms...
    Formerly Frog march.

Newscaster: ... But I've just had a report that a representative of Disaster Area met with the environmentalists this morning and had them all shot, so now nothing stands in the way of the concert going ahead this afternoon on this beautiful sunny day.

Plants are slow. It'd take a lot of years to get a PhD.
    Then again, with the job market as it is, there are worse places to be than Grad school.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    Good article on plant intelligence:
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...elligent-plant

well it might make a good scifi bases..to build a brain based upon plant intelligence mechanisms...
    Midworld by Alan Dean Foster.

Didn't read the article but I already knew plants aren't what most people think they are.

Did you know that plants in the tropics actually analyze *shade*?

Shade deficient in green light is taken as a more serious threat than shade that is equally dark across the spectrum.

i.e. shade from another plant as opposed to shade from a solid inanimate object.
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)

If they did it probably would. This is a good example of the "if false then true" statement.