Thread: Area 51

Area 51

Hi, I'm into conspiracy theories, and I would like to know what do you think about that. There are so many speculations about research presumably conducted at Area 51 involving UFO, life in Space, extraterrestrials and so on. I'm form Poland but I would love to hear more from you guys - mostly Americans - about those theories. What could have been discovered at Area 51 that concerns life in Space?

Hi Samson, welcome to CQ.

I've moved your thread from Life-in-Space to our Conspiracy Theory sub-forum, which is a better spot for this discussion.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Welcome, Samson. Exactly like you say, there are speculations. Just speculations. Not a single fact. With that in mind, the answer to the question "what could it be" when it is debatable whether there even is an "it" remains fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Hi, I'm into conspiracy theories, and I would like to know what do you think about that.
    Everyone else: no, we are not going to discuss what we think about Samson being into conspiracy theories. Discuss the ideas, not the poster, please.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

In this kind of situations, it's important to form a baseline of facts first.
    1) Area 51 is used as a military test site, mainly aircraft
    2) Area 51 has heavily restricted access
    3) Strange (at the time) craft have been seen in the area

2) and 3) can be explained fully by 1). There is no factual basis to conclude anything about aliens. The aliens arrived in the story through the reasoning "new flight technologies, we're not allowed to see what's going on..." [insert ginormous leap in reasoning without any factual basis here] --> "they must reverse-engineer captured alien craft there".

So Area 51 is a very interesting site, but there is no concrete evidence of anything alienesque going on there. Which is great news, because that means all those amazing inventions are due to our own intellect.

Note that there is quite a lot of solid evidence for military aircraft experiments at area 51, and zero for alien experiments. Some examples: the use of Russian aircraft in dogfight trials with US F16's (link), the development of the A12 and Have Blue aircraft...
    Last edited by Nicolas; 2018-Feb-12 at 03:16 PM.

From the Washington Post

In 1955, President Dwight D. Eisenhower “approved the addition of this strip of wasteland, known by its map designation as Area 51, to the Nevada Test Site,” according to a CIA history of a spy plane declassified in 2013. The area was near the Atomic Energy Commission’s vast, desolate proving grounds and was used to test the high-altitude U-2 reconnaissance plane.

A parade of top-secret aircraft was tested in the area, according to Reuters, including the A-12 aircraft, a spy plane that flew faster than the speed of sound, and the angular F-117 stealth ground-attack jet.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Hi Samson! Area 51 is passe, Area 52 is where to good stuff is, and the best ufos are kept at the yet to be uncovered secret area 53.
    But tongue-in-cheek aside you can be assured that if the government has a captured ET ufo in their possession that it won't be advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    From the Washington Post
    [...]including the A-12 aircraft, a spy plane that flew faster than the speed of sound[...]
    And just in case "A-12" sounds mysterious: it was the predecessor of the SR-71 Blackbird, at the time one of the most secret airplanes ever.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

The one thing I will say is that the secretive nature of the base appears to have allowed for an awful lot of Occupational Safety and Health Administration violations. And the mistreated employees weren't allowed to sue, because government secrets.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Hi Samson. If it is conspiracy theories you are in to, you might find more in this forum: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/index.php