Thread: Majority religion

Majority religion

Has there ever been a time when 51% of the human race believed one religion?
    SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    My guess would be that most people regarded the sun as either a God or mystically significant around 11000 or 12000 years ago when the skies cleared from that most recent huge impact 12800 years ago to reveal the sun again. If you consider the mythical significance plus the well documented oral record of song and dance from that time. Well being personal if I was around then I would regard the sun as pretty amazing and I doubt if I would have thought about the earth other than a local environment in which to wander about .
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

I think the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis is falling from favour - the original evidence offered seems to be on increasingly shaky ground:
    Comprehensive analysis of nanodiamond evidence relating to the Younger Dryas Impact Hypothesis
    Interpreting palaeofire evidence from fluvial sediments: a case study from Santa Rosa Island, California, with implications for the Younger Dryas Impact Hypothesis

But with reference to the OP, are all forms of sun worship the same religion? Wouldn't the nature of belief and ritual vary from place to place?

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    But with reference to the OP, are all forms of sun worship the same religion? Wouldn't the nature of belief and ritual vary from place to place?
    Yeah, my first thought was, does 51% of any religion believe in the same religion? But that's not a comment about religion, but more of human nature. Anyway, as far as "organized" religions go, there has never been a time where 51% of all human population were members of the same organized religion.

​Closed pending moderator discussion.

Edit to add:

This thread will remain closed. The topic is out-of-scope for this forum and does not meet the one of the exceptions for religious discussion provided by rule 12. Since the OP wasn't inflammatory and the thread was polite until closed, there are no infractions issued.

However...here's the warning: if you wish to post about political or religious topics, you are responsible for making sure it aligns with the rules before you post. Ask for clarification via PM or report, if you have to. If you count on a moderator to make that determination for you after the fact, you may find yourself with an infraction and perhaps a suspension.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)