Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Journal for completely new gravitational theory

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    Oh dear. The other thing to do is to check that the conference venue actually exists. (Though this would appear to be a predatory conference rather than a complete scam.)
    Oh wow, even the Wikipage says it is predatory:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...and_Technology

The good news is I didn't pay the conference fees yet but I did sign a copyright transfer form but I still can cancel everything one way or the other.

Furthermore they did force me to rewrite the text so now my manuscript is even better than before.

Why isn't there more control in science? It feels like walking in quicksands!

Quote Originally Posted by philippeb8 View Post
    Why isn't there more control in science? It feels like walking in quicksands!
    Because then people would complain that Big Science was too controlling and they were trying to suppress people outside of the Science Establishment. (I'm only slightly kidding)

Because Science has no central authority. But I personally would be leary of anything not sponsored by a recognized science organization, such as the American Chemical Society. I don't know what the equivalents are in physics and cosmology, but I'm sure they exist.

Why should science be that different than any other human endeavor, almost all of which are plagued by people trying to make money off of the unsuspecting?
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Just to confirm, I just called the Hotel Pennsylvania in NYC and they do host the WASET conference on August 27-28:

https://waset.org/conference/2018/08/new-york/ICTP

So it is likely predatory. They probably have money now to properly format the papers, like they did to mine. This is scary because they might gain a greater momentum than the mainstream itself!

Yeah, sorry to pour cold water on your efforts. From other comments expect to see them publish your work anyway, there doesn't seem to be much that stops them using your work as material to fill their proceedings.

I debated about mentioning this as I know you have a lot invested in publishing this and this conference would have published you. Just not with any real impact or in a meaningful way. Thought it was up to you to decide in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    Yeah, sorry to pour cold water on your efforts. From other comments expect to see them publish your work anyway, there doesn't seem to be much that stops them using your work as material to fill their proceedings.

I debated about mentioning this as I know you have a lot invested in publishing this and this conference would have published you. Just not with any real impact or in a meaningful way. Thought it was up to you to decide in the end.
    I should have sticked to my initial decision on whether INSPIRE indexes it or not.

But thanks anyways Shaula, it's better to know now than never because I didn't pay the registration yet. I'll politely ask for a cancellation like it is stated in the contract I signed and I'll try to resume my submission with the International Journal of Theoretical Physics.

I'll politely ask for a cancellation like it is stated in the contract I signed and I'll try to resume my submission with the International Journal of Theoretical Physics.
    Done.