Thread: Still kickin'

Still kickin'

Hello all. Just a quick note to tell you that I'm fine, and I did not drop off the face of the Earth.

At present I'm just on hiatus and will be for the immediate future. Sorry to have cut contact without notice like that. I'm not sure when I'll be back. But I will drop a note from time to time just to let you know that I'm still OK.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Keep on kickin'

Clev! M!

How the hell are you guys doing!
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)

Glad you still kickin'.
    From the wilderness to the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Aaaaaand I'M BACK BABY!!!

I definitely went too long before returning. I could claim that Real Life got in the way, and that would be true up to a point... A lot went on in a short time... but the truth is I just got lazy. I've had plenty of free time in the last couple of months but I had just gotten out of the habit of daily communication. As an autistic I have to practice regularly at human contact or I lose the skill.

So, I've moved (a multi generational family home) I have discovered that I have diabetes mellitus (don't need insulin, just metformin and glyburide), my sister's divorce was finalized and she got custody of the kids and moved in with me and Mom, I've suffered a relapse of depression and then recovered from it, and a bunch more.

The big one, though, and the reason I decided to return today, is that on this Saturday I suffered a Grand Mal seizure. It shook me to my core and made me realize how important my life is to me. And even more to my family and friends. And I consider many of the folks here friends... heck, even you acquaintances are important! ...friends that I feel like I've abandoned.

So I'm back to remedy that mistake. Humans are social animals, and it's far past time that I live like a human being instead of a hermit crab.

Nice to "see" you NCN. I hope your doctors have a handle on the seizures, or get one quick.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I've already got 2 doc appointments waiting to hear back on a third.

glad to have you back.
    From the wilderness to the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Glad to see you back, NCN.
    We know time flies, we just can't see its wings.